Sunday, March 9, 2014

I Believe 15

A few months back,  I wrote a post entitled

To recap...it came from a talk by one of my favorite people, Dieter F. Uchtdorf- an apostle of Jesus Christ.  It is about how we simply need to apply two words in our lives...
Stop It

When it comes to being grumpy with people because we don't agree with them, bullying, shouting, gossiping, being judgmental, etc- we just need to Stop It.  

Do I have a problem with these things?
Why yes, yes I do.
Not all the time, but because I am human- I make mistakes, as does everyone else around me.
My friends, we have to be forgiving of one another's faults.
We have to.

The world we live in is filled with such hatred.
We have to be a force for good, even if sometimes that means we stand alone.
But we are never truly alone.
As long as we are standing for truth and righteousness, we will always have God on our side.

Once again, a fabulous Mormon Message has been created to illustrate this wonderful idea presented in President Uchtdorf's talk.  




Let's take a stand together, shall we?
No more bullying.
No more gossiping.
No more "beholding the mote in thy brother's eye, but considering not the beam that is in thy own eye."

I am as guilty as the next person and it is a daily battle, but it is one that I am willing to fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment