Shh...I'm going to let you in on a little secret.
It's time that the world knows (or the few people who read this blog anyway).
The Ogden family, well- we are "pilers".
What is a "Piler" you may ask?
Well, I actually looked up the official definition and it cracked...me...up.
Pil-er: n. 1. One who places things in a pile.
Lol. Yep. That's us. The whole family.
Except sometimes we don't place things- we just leave them wherever they are and start new piles. :)
It's like a game.
Here is proof.
Exhibit A: Room #1
(All the pictures will be in black and white. I felt that it toned down the actual magnitude of the disaster zones.)
Exhibit B: Room #2
(To be fair...this room is in the middle of some closet re-organizing.)
Exhibit C: Room #3
I'll admit it. This is my room. I am the queen of the Pilers. At least the children came by it honestly.
Exhibit D: Room #4
This is the room "behind closed basement doors". I know all of my preschoolers wonder what is behind those ominous double doors. Well...now you know. Stuff and more stuff.
(My pile of Christmas stuff waiting for me to get some shelves put up in the garage so they can have a new home. Truth be told...I get tired just looking at these buckets and buckets of Christmas decor. I may be downsizing and taking half of it to the D.I. Anyone want some Christmas decor?)
The basement TV area- and garbage can for food wrappers (even though it is "strongly suggested" that food does not get eaten in the basement.)
Exhibit E: Room #5
Yikes.
I think I will stop here. There are more rooms and more piles, but I think we've seen enough.
I think I will stop here. There are more rooms and more piles, but I think we've seen enough.
The first step to fixing any problem is to admit you have a problem.
Well, here is my confession.
We have a problem.
And we probably won't be fixing it soon because we're too busy having fun together. :)
The piles can wait for another day and that's ok.
And now I am curious.
How many of you suffer from E.P.D (Extreme Piling Disease?)
It's ok to admit it.
You'll feel better once you do. :)









NO! Not the Ogdens!!! Somehow this post make me feel much better about my surroundings :) I can pile with the best of them.
ReplyDelete