Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Tuesday Traditions 15/Labor Day

I was looking back at my posts and realized that I have not done a Tuesday Traditions post since April.  
I think it's high time we had another one, don't you?
I also noticed that this is post #450.  Sweet.  I feel like we should have confetti or balloons or something.

How about some pictures of our fun Labor Day weekend instead?
I am calling this a "tradition" even though we have not done it for a few years.  But traditionally we always do something with Mark's family on Labor Day weekend, so whatever...it works. :)
We spent Labor Day up at our beautiful Stake Property.  I think I have explained this before, but I will do it again just in case there are any new readers out there.  In the LDS church, we have different geographical boundaries for our congregations.  One of those groups is called a "Stake".  It is built up of 7-10 wards which are smaller congregations.  I hope that makes sense.  Anyway, our Stake has stewardship over some property in our beautiful Utah mountains.  It is a holy place for sure.  Every time I go there, I feel the love of my Father in Heaven so strongly.  Definitely one of my favorite places on this earth.

And now...back to the Labor Day Fun!
 There is a sand volleyball court there and the little kiddos had fun building sand castles before the big volleyball match.  We Ogdens are pretty serious when it comes to volleyball.  

We also took advantage of this luxurious downtime to do some hiking on the trails there at the property.  We decided to bring our cute Bailey girl with us.  She had so much fun.  It was her first time in the mountains (with us anyway.  Not sure what she did with her previous owners).  She loved the hike and was completely tuckered out.
 There is also a mighty fun zipline at the property.  Many thanks to Ben and Marie for manning the zipline so my munchkins could go a hundred times!

One more thing I noticed at the Stake Property that day.
A change is coming....and I am pretty excited about that.
Fall is in the air baby.  I am so happy that we were able to enjoy one of my favorite things...leaves changing colors.  There is definitely something magical about fall leaves.  

It was a really fun and relaxing day.  I had just returned from my awesome FD Kayaking trip the day before so I was still basking in the glow of that amazing experience.  I think it made this moment that much sweeter.  Definitely some S.M.I.L.E.S. happening here.


No comments:

Post a Comment