Our summer has definitely started off with a bang. The month of June was filled with so many S.M.I.L.E.S (Sweet Moments in Life that Empower the Soul), that my camera is smoking from taking all of the pictures. I have finally edited and uploaded all the pictures so now I can share them.
I already posted about our Fowlks Fighter Party, but I did not add another exciting thing that happened that day. Well, I guess you could call it exciting. We had to get a new washer and dryer. Which when you think about it, does not sound very exciting- but to tell you the truth, I am excited for these little beauties.
My old washer gave up the ghost and although the dryer was still in great working condition, I could not just get a new washer. Then it wouldn't match the dryer and that would really throw my matching OCD for a loop. So we bit the bullet and got a new set and I am in love.

It's really amazing what bringing in a new appliance or two can do to a family. You would think that we took them all to Disneyland again with the excitement that was going on around our house. As long as the washer and dryer were going, there was someone sitting in front of them watching them work.
Another fun thing that started this month and will continue throughout the summer is Abbie's adventure with horses. My friend, Hollie, told us about a place that does horse therapy for kiddos with special needs. Abbie was recently diagnosed with Sensory Anxiety and Depression. It definitely explains a lot about some frustrating situations that we find ourselves in but more importantly, it allows us to meet with people that are giving Abbie the tools she needs to work through these issues. I am so proud of her. She is working hard and making a lot of progress.

She has loved every minute of it. We have to drive quite a while to get to this place, but it is beautiful out there and she has the time of her life. She is building confidence and learning how to relax! Last week, they were nice enough to let Ellie take some time and try out a horse. Now she is hooked too! We may have to line up some horse riding time next time we go to Reunion or St. George.

The girls have been enlisted as babysitters this summer and we have been taking a turn watching our cute little firecracker, Penny. We have had some fun adventures and are looking forward to more. One adventure was to the splash pad and park.
It was actually a little cold for the splash pad, so we ended up going to a different park and found ourselves completely alone. The girls had a fun time playing and wearing themselves out.
Josh had his first recital with his new teacher, Nicole Pinnell Jackson. He has been practicing really hard and making so much improvement. We are now starting the process of getting him a new cello. Which is going to be a pretty lengthy process I think. I had no idea the patience and time that goes into purchasing a new instrument when you are seriously studying it. And let's just say that even though Josh still has a couple of years before he is driving, he will be getting a cello instead of a car. Not that I had plans to buy him a car, but after spending what we are probably going to have to spend...there won't be anything left for a car. :/
Even though I have this amazing new camera, I have not purchased the right SD card for it yet, so I can't take video. He will be having another recital in August, so I will make sure I am prepared for that one so I can post a video.
That brings us to the end of June and Josh's birthday, but I am going to do that in another post.
Summer is definitely flying by and we are just trying to hold on and enjoy the journey. It will be over before we know it. :(






No comments:
Post a Comment