Sunday, June 30, 2013

The Fowlks Fighter Party Continues...

Well, you can say one thing about the Fowlks Family for sure...we like to party.
We are taking this whole "Fowlks Fighter" thing and running with it.  My Uncle Roger and his family were in town last week from Texas and we decided to throw together another little reunion.  My grandma had mentioned a little while back that she would love to rent a big water slide for all of the kiddos.  I liked that idea so I checked around and found this 18' slide.  
It...was...awesome.

You know what was even more awesome?  
My camera taking sweet pictures of all the action.  Oh ya.
Ellie 

Josh

Abbie

Logan

Raylie 

Ellie- again.  She made the greatest faces. :)

Emma

Luke

Probably my favorite series of pictures...my cousin, Kelcey and her little cutie, Chloie.  Yep, the water was pretty cold as you can see by Kelcey's surprised look. :)

Me and Emma. 

Everyone else!  We had the slide from about 11 am- 7 pm and there was not one moment when it was just sitting.  Kids and adults were going down that thing all day long.  It was so much fun.  My grandpa's lawn looked more like a rice patty by the time we were done, but it was so worth it.  Great memories were made.  Definitely qualifies as a S.M.I.L.E.S.

We were watching Penny the first part of the day, so she joined us in the festivities.  She did not want to attempt the slide, although I tried to coax her into going down.  I did grab a couple of the other kids who were a little unsure...Paisley and Liza.  Both preschool munchkins of mine.  I think I sufficiently terrified them, but they still love me.  ;)

Before the water slide was delivered, we had some time to kill so we decided to head over to Wheeler Farm.  It was hot and stinky, but the kids had a good time.
Luke and Penny hit it off.  :)

It was an extremely long day, but a super fun one.  I love being with my family.  I wish we could just hang out and have fun all the time.  I am sad that Roger and Mistie had to head back to Texas.  It is too long between visits.  :(
It was very fun to see them and to have them participate in our Fowlks Fighter festivities.  Grandpa is hanging in there.  He is definitely running on about 5% energy at the moment.  It is so hard to see him so run down.  I know it is hard for him to be that run down.  He is so used to going and giving 110%.  I guess I come by it honestly.  He is a great man and I just hope that we can continue using this precious time that we have to create so many fun and wonderful memories.
I love my family!!!  Thank you all for being so amazing and wonderful!


1 comment:

  1. How fun! Thanks for letting Penny be an honorary Fowlks for a day :) She had so much fun! I'm glad that you are able to spend so much time with your grandpa.

    ReplyDelete