Thursday, June 13, 2013

Thankful Thursday 37

I just looked up my last Thankful Thursday post to see what number this one should be and I can't believe it's been over a month since I have done a Thankful Thursday post!  Just goes to show how crazy things have been around here.

I am feeling very, very thankful today that I can FINALLY say, "It Is Done".
No more surgeries.
No more active treatments other than a few medications.
Doctor's visits are now every 3 months and that will eventually move to every 6 months and then a year.

I can finally start building up my stamina without having to think in the back of my mind,
"I don't know why I am doing this.  I will just be having surgery again in 3 months."
It will be a slow process, especially since I really have to be careful about lifting things and over doing it for the next 3-6 months while everything heals.  But I am willing to take it slow if it means I won't have to do surgery again.

See Cancer?  I hate to say "I told you so" but, 
I TOLD YOU SO!
I told you I would beat you and I did.
It wasn't easy.  It wasn't fun.  
But I learned a lot of things and felt a lot of love. 
And now I can say, 
"Been There, Done That, Got the T-Shirt."
Hasta La Vista Baby!

3 comments:

  1. Where did you get your shirt? I want one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the shirt. Way to go with the positive attitude (although it's been tough.) You are one tough person. Don't mess around with Des. . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. This momma is Happy it is over for you!!! Love you

    ReplyDelete