Friday, June 21, 2013

A Fowlks Fighter Weekend.

I know it's been a while since I posted anything, but I have been busy enjoying the summer with my kiddos and editing a bunch of pictures from our fabulous Father's Day weekend.

We started Father's Day weekend with a golf tournament for all the Fowlks boys.  This was Josh's first time golfing and he really had a fun time.  I wasn't there with my camera, so I have no pictures of that.  I do, however, have  A LOT of pictures of the dutch oven dinner that followed.  :)

 The Fowlks' certainly know how to party!  I guess Josh was a little tired after getting up at 6 am for golfing!

So many cute faces!  I had fun with my camera.

Lots of people, lots of food, lots of fun.

Here's my favorite picture of the day.
Cancer is no match for this bunch of good lookin' people.

Sunday brought Father's Day and I was so happy to be able to spend it with my dad, my dad-in-law, and the awesome father of my children.
(Daddy and Ellie enjoying his Father's Day gift.)
We love the daddy at our house.  He works so hard to provide a wonderful life for us.  The kids also spoiled him with some homemade treasures.  Cards, coupon books...lots of love for this guy.  They all wrote that they think he is the best dad ever and that he is funny.  

All of my siblings went in on a gift for my dad.  I love buying gifts for my dad.  He will try just about anything related to food.  The weirder the better.  So it makes shopping a fun experience.  Mark and I found a bunch of different sodas at C-A-L Ranch the other day.  I knew my dad would love them.  We also gave him some new shirts, some jam, and a bunch of Almond M&M's.  
Love you Dad!  Thanks for being such a great daddy.

After church we spent some time with Mark's family.  I know I have said it before, but I will say it again.  I hit the jackpot in the in-law category.  I love being a part of the Ogden family!  We always have so much fun together.  I love living so close to all of them and I wish that I could live close to my family as well.
Thank you to my wonderful father-in-law for everything you do for us.  He is a great example of service and we love him very much.

I almost forgot something really important!
On Friday, we actually started the weekend off with an awesome discovery.
I found Shaved Ice Heaven just 10 minutes away from our house.
These shaved ices are monstrous, but more importantly...they are the real deal.  Took me straight back to Hawaii.  I know where we will be spending a lot of our super hot days.

I have more fun to post about, but let's face it.  It's summer and I am REALLY loving that I can be lazy.  So the posts may be few and far between, but that's ok.
It's SUMMER and it's going to be over before we know it.  So I am trying to enjoy every...single...minute.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Des for the wonderful and many postings. I marvel at your creativity and so greatful for your health and recovery. Without incredible children like yourself I could never have been and continue to be the Father and Grandfather I am today. I love being a father, husband and son.

    Love,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete