Thursday, May 9, 2013

Thankful Thursday 36

Time.  
That is what I am thankful for today.

I am thankful that I know that my time is limited with my Grandpa.  That makes it even easier for me to put family first.  I have always enjoyed visiting with them, but my visits lately have been much sweeter. 
 I find myself cherishing every conversation,
trying to burn to my memory all of the things that I love about him,
and just enjoying the times that I get to sit by him and give him a hug.

It has also given me time to ponder and I have realized something.
What if we treated everybody we know as if their time was limited?
How would we speak to people?
How would we spend our time with them?
I can only speak for myself, but I know I would have to change some things.  For one, how I speak to my own children sometimes would have to change.
I definitely have been better since my own diagnosis, but there is always room for improvement.

Life is so short.  
It's too short to be mean.
It's too short to harbor grudges and ill feelings towards someone.
It's too short to not enjoy every moment- even the hard ones.

1 comment:

  1. Wish I lived closer to be around him more...
    So true about treating everyone like time is limited because really you never know.
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete