A few weeks ago, I shared with you a story about my friend's little boy, Aiden, who is one AMAZING kiddo. (You can read that post here, if you haven't already)
Thanks to the generosity of many, many people- Team Aiden and Jake have raised over $6,000 so far to help the organization, Ainsely's Angels.
This organization helps people with disabilities to have the equipment they need so that they can participate in athletic competitions. Sweet little Aiden just wanted to help his friend, Jake, run a race. Now not only did they accomplish that goal, but they have been able to make it possible for many more people to reach their own goals and dreams.
Today was the very first 5K race for Team Aiden and Jake. I stole some pictures from Brooke's Facebook page, but I don't think she will mind. ;) It's a story that needs to be shared.
Aiden and Jake crossing the finish line. They did the 5K in 32 minutes. I love the smile on Jake's face.
I love this one...:)
I have never met Aiden and I have never met Jake. I probably never will. But their story is one that has touched my heart and will stay with me forever. It is the perfect example of Christlike love. The kind of love that we should have for everyone in our lives. We can make a difference in someone else's life just by loving them, serving them, and helping them to have many Sweet Moments to Empower their Souls.
Great job Aiden and Jake! You boys are my heroes. Congratulations on completing your very first race. I know it will be the first of many.


No comments:
Post a Comment