We are starting a new tradition called
"Countdown to Summer"
It seems like the last few years we have caught the summer bug during spring break and it's really hard to focus on the rest of the school year.
When Josh and Emma were the only ones in school, I used to get a little grumpy with the thought of everyone being home all day during the summer. I liked having a small break from them and they liked having a break from me. But then I was having a conversation with a friend one day, and she made a very good point that I have taken to heart.
She said that she realized that we only have 18 summers with these kiddos. 18 summers! That is not very many when you think about it. Especially when I think that I now only really have 4 more summers with Josh if he chooses to go on a mission right after he graduates from high school.
This changed my whole attitude and thought process about summer. It has now become a very short 3 months in which I try to cram as much fun into it as I can. The last few summers have been truly fun and amazing, even with a little dumb thing called cancer butting its way in.
Back to the tradition portion of this post...:)
Last night, the girls and I made a Countdown to Summer chain. It was a Pinterest idea so I have to give credit where credit is due.
But I do like how our turned out much better than the one I saw on Pinterest.
Now all we have to do is get through the next month, watching our chain grow smaller and smaller until finally, the first day of summer will arrive!
But I do like how our turned out much better than the one I saw on Pinterest.
Now all we have to do is get through the next month, watching our chain grow smaller and smaller until finally, the first day of summer will arrive!

I hope a trip So. will fit into your summer plans, before
ReplyDeleteJune 21st or after July 8th.
Love your cute family!!!!