Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Tuesday Traditions 11

I promised a Valentine's Day Traditions post and here it is. 
(I know you have all been anxiously awaiting. ;)

I am a holiday junkie.  It's true.
I love every single holiday there is and I can always find a color to dye my pancakes that matches...always. 
Mark likes to tease me about my obsession with food dye, but really, he is just so darn excited to get pancakes in the morning he doesn't care what color they are.
Valentine's Day just has a knack for bringing out the loveliness in our house.
Lovely decorations
Lovely kiddos
Lovely hairdos
Lovely hubby
We have our typical "pink" breakfast and then make sure that everyone's hair is looking purdy before they walk out the door.
(Just a side note, I did take a closeup picture of Ellie and Emma's hair too, but my camera is dying a slow death and likes to just randomly delete pictures.  It's NOT a lovely thing.)
Of course we have to make boxes to take to school for all of the Valentine's Day festivities.  These girlies did a really great job this year.  They came up with their own box ideas and went right to work.
(See what I mean about my camera dying?  These pictures look terrible!)

Anyway, another tradition we have for the Day O' Love is that I give my handsome young man a treat and Mark gives his little princesses a treat as well.  We have been doing this since their very first Valentine's Day.  They look forward to it every year.

And of course we have to have some sort of special dinner as well.  Usually I make something heart shaped  and/or pink.  This year I did both since last year's Valentine's Day was kind of low key.
Pink pasta and heart-shaped strawberry pastries.
Pasta= good.  Pastries= need some work.
But we had a good time anyway. 
 It was fun to just hang out with all of my sweethearts under one roof.
I hope your Day O' Love was lovely as well.
Now, on to St. Patrick's Day!
I wonder what I can dye green this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment