Happy 2013 everybody!
I love this time of year. It is always exciting to start a new year and reflect on the last one.
2012 was filled with a lot of good and a lot of bad. I don't wish that anything was different though...okay, maybe I wish that I had longer hair. Been having a few "angry at cancer" days for taking away my long locks. I do like my short hair for the most part, but it's just different and sometimes I wish that I could pull it up in a pony tail or do something fun with it. But it will keep growing and I will hopefully keep getting a little bit stronger every day and I will be able to start counting the years of being cancer free.
Anyway, on to my Tuesday Traditions post for today!
We have a wonderful New Year's tradition with Mark's side of the family.
We have a big family dinner and then a night filled with laughter, chatting, and games. But after we ring in the new year at midnight, the real fun begins. All of the parents leave and the grandkids have a big sleepover at grandma and grandpa's house. I am amazed that they continue to have this tradition. The kids love it so much and look forward to it all year. I always feel a little bad leaving that mass chaos with my sweet in-laws, but they love it and so I won't complain. ;) The kids sack out wherever they can find a spot and the party continues long into the night.
Here are a few pictures. That cute boy holding Ellie is our nephew, Ben. Guess what ladies...he's single. ;)
(Sorry Ben, had to do it. You're a good catch.)
We all go back in the morning for breakfast, snacking, games, laughing, more snacking and fun.
It is the perfect end to one of the best weeks ever. The week between Christmas and New Year's is always one of the best weeks of my year, no matter where we spend it. It's always spent with family that I love and I always come away with so many Sweet Moments and memories.
I want to close this post with a video about the Savior.
I feel that it is a good one to watch as we start anew and make commitments to be better people, to love more and serve more; to follow the path our Savior has shown us. He loves us and wants us to do and be the best that we can be. He knows that we are going to make mistakes, but He loves us anyway. May the sweet spirit of Christ be with you as you start this new year.

We were bummed to miss it this year, but it looks like everyone had a great time. Happy New Year!
ReplyDelete