I found a couple of quotes recently that I need to print REALLY big and post them at my house.
It seems like everyone has been a little bit on the grumpy side lately. I am blaming this blasted inversion and cold weather.
Simple truths...both of them.
I don't know how many of you remember this post about Just Being Nice. I feel like I have this same conversation with my kids practically every day. "Just...Be...Nice". "If you can't say something nice, don't say it at all." But I don't think our family is the only one that experiences moments of "un-niceness". The world we live in is very "un-nice." I know we all have moments in our lives when we are having a bad day or say or do something that we later regret. Mistakes happen and that's ok as long as we don't keep making those same mistakes over and over again.
We must take a stand for niceness.
We must create S.M.I.L.E.S. (sweet moments) for ourselves and others.
It begins with a simple commitment to just be nice to those around us.
Beginning with our own families. I know I would cringe if my kids ever recorded the way I talk to them sometimes. Not pleasant.
We can do it, you know.
We can make our homes and our communities a better place to live by simply being nice.
I will close with a quote from Dieter F. Uchtdorf
"Let us put down our stones.
Let us be kind.
Let us forgive.
Let us talk peacefully with each other.
Let the love of God fill our hearts.
Let us do good unto all men."

Thank you for the reminder!! I remember living in that forever long winter inversion. It put me "the mom" in a state of depresion and you know when mom is not happy nobody is happy, I truly believe that is one reason why the Lord directed us to Southern UT.You need to bring the kids south for a break!! :)
ReplyDeleteThis is a good post. My tendency to judge others for their flaws and weaknesses is one of my worst faults-- OK, it's probably THE worst one.
ReplyDelete