Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Tuesday Traditions 7

I am excited to write about today's tradition because I love this time of year so much.
I want to write about the tradition of listening to Christmas music.
Now I know there is a lot of debate about when it's "ok" to listen to Christmas music.  I think my mom starts right after Halloween.  Mark won't let me turn it on until after Thanksgiving (but I usually sneak a few songs in there somewhere right before Thanksgiving.)
This year I have found a new favorite Christmas album that I wanted to share with you.
The group is Casting Crowns and the album is "Peace On Earth"
Here is a YouTube video with the song that drew me to the album in the first place,
 "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day"



As I listened to this song for the 2,546th time this morning, the words really struck a chord with my heart.
They are beautiful and so poignant for this day in which we live.
I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day
Their old familiar carols play,
And wild and sweet the words repeat
Of peace on earth, good will to men.

I thought how, as the day had come,
The belfries of all Christendom
Had rolled along the unbroken song
Of peace on earth, good will to men.

And in despair I bowed my head:
"There is no peace on earth," I said,
"For hate is strong and mocks the song
Of peace on earth, good will to men."


Then pealed the bells more loud and deep:
"God is not dead, nor doth he sleep;
The wrong shall fail, the right prevail,
With peace on earth, good will to men."


Till, ringing singing, on its way,
The world revolved from night to day,
A voice, a chime, a chant sublime,
Of peace on earth, good will to men!

God is not dead, nor doth he sleep.
I know that with all my heart and soul.
May we all keep the beautiful Spirit of Christ in our hearts as this Christmas holiday draws near.
Let's spread "sweet moments" of peace, joy and love, put differences aside and remember the 
Reason for the Season.

2 comments:

  1. That song has been a long favorite of mine. I love the wording of it and its spirit of hope and comfort.
    And wow, did Casting Crows do an amazing job with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great song like their version of it. And yes I am guilty I do start after Halloween but I have to say that this year I didn't so I may have to listen to it into January to make up for it!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete