Thursday, November 1, 2012

Thankful Thursday 17 (Halloween!)

I guess I may as well write a Thankful Thursday post while I sit here wide awake at 4 am.
Too much excitement yesterday I suppose.

I am thankful that we had such a fun Halloween.  
It was so much better than last Halloween although the memory of last year is a bit foggy...too many medications.  I did read about it in my journal though and I just have to say thank you to my wonderful mom who was here last Halloween to help out with the kiddos.  I never would have made it through that week without you.

 We had some pretty great costumes this year.  Emma and her friend made their costumes.  I think they did a fantastic job.  They are so funny together. They went as 70's zombies.  
Abbie went as the White Queen from Alice in Wonderland.  Although in hind sight I should have bought her a wig...she did not like the feeling of stiff, white spray painted hair.  Lesson learned.
Ellie went as Ladybug Girl.  She was not happy when people said she was just a ladybug.  She is Ladybug Girl.  (Ladybug Girl is a character from a series of children's books.  Very cute books.  You can see one here.)

Here's the whole crew...everyone who dressed up that is.  Mark is content to take pictures on Halloween. :)
Josh is walking death or a phantom or something along those lines.
I threw my costume together with stuff I already had in my closet and a quick trip to Claire's at the mall.  
I just channeled my 12 year old self as I applied some beautiful pink and blue eye shadow and put on some wild and crazy, bright colors.  Since this is a Thankful Thursday post, I have to say that I am thankful that the 80's fashion has come back around so I could easily find some accessories for my ensemble.  Let's just pray that the hairstyles don't make a comeback.  Not pretty.

And there you have it.  Another Halloween come and gone.
I am planning on posting more pictures on Tuesday when I talk about our Halloween traditions for "Tuesday Traditions."  So stay tuned...


5 comments:

  1. It was my pleasure to be there and help out. I was thinking yesterday about last Halloween as well and the vision came into my mind of the young woman that came up to you fell into your arms and was crying, she had heard that you had cancer,it was a YW that went on the Trek with you, not sure if she was from your ward or your stake. But I was sitting in the van witnessing this and seeing how much you are loved by this young women and what an example you must have been to her. Thank you for that experience as a mom!! And Thank you for being who you are! Love ya much!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AUGH!! Now I finally know who that masked costumer was that came to our trunk last night. =) I had no clue and he would not give me any hints as to who he might be! =) It was hilarious! Your kids were so fun to see there! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can tell Ellie that I know who Ladybug Girl is, and we love her around here. Have you read Ladybug Girl at the Beach? I Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenn, I had the same experience! I thought he was too tall to be Josh, but apparently I was wrong :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe I missed your costume in all it's glory!!! Haha! Love it! I'm still cracking up about Emma's costume though!

    ReplyDelete