Today I have been thinking a lot about this man...the one peeking behind the amazing flowers. :)
This is my cute Grandpa. He passed away a little over 3 years ago. It is his birthday today, so I have been reminiscing about him...
what a great and loving man he was,
how much he loved working with his hands,
how lucky I feel to have lived so close to him so my kids could know and love him.
I just love him and miss him so much.
One thing that I must mention about this sweet grandpa of mine. He has been with me so many times during this past year and a half. When I found out that I had cancer, Mark gave me a priesthood blessing. In that blessing he said that this experience was going to be hard, but that I would have angels here on earth and also my ancestors who have gone before me to help me through this trial. I testify that the words he spoke were words from my Heavenly Father because they all came true. I have felt my grandpa, my Uncle Ray, my sweet great grandmas, and many more. They have given me strength and helped me to be courageous.
I know that I will be with my grandpa again someday, and I can't wait for him to give me a hug...
and a knuckle sandwich.
I know that I will be with my grandpa again someday, and I can't wait for him to give me a hug...
and a knuckle sandwich.


:)
ReplyDeleteThanks for posting a birthday post, didnt have it in me this year to do so. It was kind of a hard day for me. Its crazy how time does diminish the tears and heartache but missing him is the same. Not being able to call and hear his voice. Thanks again, I love that first picture. :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a great tribute to a great man!! He was an amazing gardener. Wish I would have inherited that trait.
ReplyDelete