I am writing this post in a hotel room just down the street from one of the most magical places on earth. :)
We were going to surprise the kiddos last December with a trip to Disneyland, but I was mid-chemo treatments and well, 'nuff said.
So we decided to surprise them for Thanksgiving this year. They had no clue what was coming.
I had grand visions of THE perfect home video to send into AFV and we would win the grand prize and all that. Surely my kids would do something really crazy and just be out-of-their-minds with excitement.
But then, Mark and I made 2 rookie mistakes.
1) We let them get too hungry. Blood sugar was too low and grumpiness had set in.
2) We changed plans on our sweet Abbie and she has a hard time changing plans when her heart is set on something...even when the plan changes include a trip to Disneyland.
Here's the video we ended up with...
I think they were in shock when we first told them.
Then after the shock wore off and we all had some food in our bellies...the excitement began to show through!
And now...here we are just a few hours away from spending 3 days at the happiest place on earth. Boy did we earn this trip. I...can't...wait. :)


Ha ha this is great. I'm sure Abbie will have a blast once you get to the parks. I liked how she wanted to be in STG rather than go to Disney Land, silly girl.
ReplyDeleteI love how things never happen the way we picture it!
ReplyDeleteLori and I had a good laugh over your video this morning at work - too funny! I hope you guys have a great trip!
ReplyDeleteWe just took our kids a couple of weeks ago. It was the best way to celebrate treatments are over!!! Hope you have a great time.
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh that was the funniest reaction ever! Have fun!!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh that was the funniest reaction ever! Have fun!!
ReplyDelete