Monday, August 27, 2012

Back to School!

Today is one of those days that I have been looking forward to and not looking forward to at the same time.
I really love having my kids home.  I love all that summer time brings...
*laziness
*pool days
*slushies, snowcones and icee's
*laziness
*going to the mountains
*Slip 'N Slides
*did I mention laziness? :)

I really, really love the lazy days of summer and it is always sad when they come to an end.
On the other hand, it is time for school to start so my kiddos can go to school and remember that they really do love each other.
Here is my 8th grader...wait a minute. 8th Grader?!?!  I know I say this every year, but how is it possible that I have an 8th Grader!  I distinctly remember my 8th Grade year.  That was my bad hair year. (Refer to this post to refresh your memory and have a good laugh.)

 Josh was a little excited to start school.  I think he was more excited than he was letting us know.

And here is my Abbie Ka Dabbie....the big 3rd Grader. 
 She was SUPER excited to start school.  She has had her outfit picked out and lying on her bed for a week now.

Emma Lemma...my 5th Grader.
 She has been super excited as well.  She even crocheted a little animal to hang on her backpack.

And here's Ellie Bellie....the super excited Kindergartener!
No, she is not going to school in her PJ's.
She doesn't start school until Thursday so she is trying to be patient and wait a few more days.
She will be going to All Day Kindergarten and she couldn't be happier about that.
I have been okay with the fact that she will be going to Kindergarten this year.  I am a little sad because my kids are all growing up so fast and I miss their cute little baby faces.  But it is really nice to be in this stage of life and I am just trying to enjoy every single minute of it.

3 comments:

  1. I love all those cute faces and have been waiting to see their first day of school post. They are, growing up fast. It is hard to jump into that next faze of life. About a year 1/2 ago I had a really hard time stepping into our next faze, but it grows on you and you go on with life with what life dishes out. The good and the bad. ;) Love ya!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all those cute faces and have been waiting to see their first day of school post. They are, growing up fast. It is hard to jump into that next faze of life. About a year 1/2 ago I had a really hard time stepping into our next faze, but it grows on you and you go on with life with what life dishes out. The good and the bad. ;) Love ya!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nicely said, Pauline and Des. What cute kids! Hope they had a great week.

    ReplyDelete