Thursday, August 30, 2012

Thankful Thursday 11

I have mixed feelings as I write this Thankful Thursday post on a beautiful Thursday morning...

Today I sent my baby to Kindergarten.

It's hard for me to believe that this day has actually arrived.  You hope for it when you are in the midst of toddlers and diapers.  You think, "It can't come soon enough!"
But now that it is finally here, I have shed a tear or two....not many because I am mostly excited for my cute little Ellie.  I am also excited to be in this phase of life.  I am really enjoying our life right now.

But I am kind of sad to leave behind 
the toddlers with their cute little voices, 
the pitter patter of little tiny feet,
the cute little diaper bums,
the squishy little baby cheeks.

I will never be sad to leave 
changing diapers and potty training,
waking up 2 or 3 times a night,
crying and fussy babies who are sick and can't tell me what hurts, and
changing diapers and potty training.  ;)

I am thankful on this Thursday to have such a wonderful life.  It's filled with ups and downs, bumps and bruises, good times and bad...but it's a wonderful life.  I wouldn't change a thing.

Now what do I do with all of this free time?

Oh ya...
laundry,
preschool prep,
cleaning the bathrooms,
vacuuming the floors,
feeding the chickens,
grocery shopping,
going to the temple,
sweeping and mopping,
running errands,
etc., etc., etc.

Free time?  Never. :)

P.S.  I think she had a good day, what do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness that picture is awesome! She is such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, I can't believe Ellie is all grown up. I sent you an email with some information about an opportunity to be in a Mormon Message. I don't know if it's something that would interest you or not. It was fun to see you at fireworks, we should get together with the Parry's and the Summer's for dinner again :)

    ReplyDelete