Thursday, July 12, 2012

Thankful Thursday 7

For today's Thankful Thursday post I am just thankful to be here writing it.

I had a checkup with my wonderful oncologist today and as I was driving there, I couldn't help but think about all that has happened over the past year.  This weekend will mark one year since I felt the lump.  It's weird to think that I am now on the other end of things and I can start thinking in terms of "one year ago today".  Last year, it seemed like I would never reach this point.  Time seemed to pass so slowly, especially in the beginning when waiting for all those test results.

As I walked into the Cancer Center, I was still repulsed by the smell of it.  I wonder if I will ever be able to walk into that place without feeling nauseated.  I love all of the people I have met there, but I will be happy when I no longer have to visit them.  

I have now graduated to the "visit every 3 months" plan.
I have almost crossed that finish line and for that, I am extremely thankful.

Happy Thursday!


3 comments:

  1. I have to say that this is a Thankful Thursday for me as well, in reading your post and reflecting on the same things from a mothers perspective, I am so thankful for the medical advances of today and the prayers that have been offered in your behalf. I am thankful that you are here and writing these Thankful Thursday post. :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say I love that picture! So cute! Can't wait to see you!!!!

    ReplyDelete