Monday, July 9, 2012

Just Kidding

I have decided that my Radiation burns are a little bit more than a bad sunburn. The doctor said that they would get worse before they got better, and she was right.
OUCH!

They don't hurt all the time...just when I am wearing a shirt. ;)
The worst part is under my arm where they zapped the lymph node area.
But it could be worse.  I have heard of people who have blisters and 2nd degree burns from Radiation.  I am glad I do not fall into that category.  I will take the discomfort that I am having thank you very much.

On a happier note...I received a call from my gynocologist's office and they said that everything looked fine on the ultrasound.  The cyst is just a cyst and nothing more.  That is good news.  I am still planning on having a hysterectomy, but at least I don't have to worry that something else is trying to kill me for the moment.
I am trying to work things out so I can do both the reconstruction and the hysterectomy at the same time so I only have to go under anesthesia one more time.  Not sure if I can actually make it work.  It's proving to be a bit difficult to coordinate my schedule, my plastic surgeon's schedule, my gynocologist's schedule, and the hospital.  But I have hope that I can make it work.  Fingers crossed!

As for the moment, I am just enjoying the fact that the only treatment I have to do is take a pill every day!  That's easy peasey. :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that it has gotten worse since you stopped, that stinks. but heres hoping that it just stays the way it is and doesnt get worse. Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete