What a day of gratitude I have been having! I love my Thankful Thursdays!
First, we woke up this morning to RAIN! Lovely, beautiful rain.
We have had so many fires in our wonderful state lately and it was so good to welcome some rain today to help out the exhausted, amazing firefighters.
YAY for summer rain!
Second, today I celebrated another milestone in my cancer journey.
As of this afternoon, I am done with Radiation!
Check one more thing off the list.
Here I am in front of the Radiation machine. For the past 5 weeks (every weekday), I have laid on this hard table with my arms up over my head. The circular part of the machine is what moved around me and zapped me. I had 3 different areas radiated so they had to move the table around a little bit after each zap of radiation and then position the circular part so that it would hit the same areas every time. (I don't think "zap" is the official word for it, but I like the way it sounds.)
Ahh, the good old "glad to be done with that" bell. This time, it stayed on the wall though. :)
My skin has held up pretty well. I do have a few radiation burns, but they are not too bad. Just like a sunburn really. They should clear up in a week or so. I am feeling a little tired, but what that's nothing new. It's just my new normal.
I am definitely excited to be done with yet another leg of this journey. It puts me one step closer to being done and putting it behind me. It also puts me one step closer to going somewhere that looks like this... :)
I haven't decided exactly where we will be going, but Mark said that we could go anywhere I want to. That is just too hard to decide. There are so many places I want to go.
Any suggestions of favorite places you've been?



Disneyland. ;)
ReplyDeleteSo glad you are on your way to being done!
Congratulations Des. I think that picture is the beach at Wanship. We will be having a beach party. What more could you need?
ReplyDeleteuhh...Hello! TEXAS!! ;)
ReplyDeleteFIJI!
ReplyDeleteCONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteThat is a tough choice! Not sure what the budget is but here are a few places I want to (so get a ex-lg suitcase so I can go to ok):
ReplyDeleteNew Zeland
Australia
Hawaii (always a good choice)
Caribbean Islands
there's a few ideas :-)