Tuesday, May 22, 2012

What We've Been Up To

Wow, I can't believe it's been over a week since I last posted something.  I think it has taken me a good week to recover from my "race"- which didn't involve any racing on my part, but I needed to recover nonetheless.  

Just wanted to make note of a couple of things so I don't forget them. 

Abbie and Ellie finished dance for the year.  They had a great year and I am so happy and thankful for "Grandpa's Taxi Service" that took them most days.  (and both Grandmas too.)  One of my goals during this past year has been to try and keep life as normal as possible for the kids and I am so blessed to have had many, many people to help me do this.
Here are the girls beautiful dance pictures.  I love how they turned out.  Makes me cry because they look so grown up!

Photobucket

Yesterday I had the very fun opportunity to have a craft day with two of my buddies, Cyndi and Lyndsey.  It was exactly what I needed.  This was supposed to be my year of crafting, but all of that fun stuff has had to take a back burner so it was so great to get my creative juices flowing again.  Thanks to Pinterest, (click on Pinterest to be directed to the site that has instructions to make these blocks) we had a couple of projects to keep us busy all day.  I really love how this one turned out...

Photobucket

Just look at those baby faces!  Mine and Mark's included!  I love it!
Here is a close up of those babies...
It's a shame we are done having kids.  We make some pretty darn cute ones.  :)

Photobucket

Let's see, what else have we been up to?
Just basically counting down the days until school gets out (6 1/2).
I know some people may think I am crazy, but I LOVE having my kids home for the summer.  A few years ago, I had an epiphany...I really only have 18 summers with each of these kiddos.  That's not very many when you think of their entire lives.  This will already be my 13th summer with Josh.  He will be graduating and off to college and a mission before we know it.  So I made a choice that year that I would try to enjoy every moment of the summer.  Sure, we have our days when we are all ready to strangle each other, but who doesn't?  I just tell them that we are going out for Icee's and everyone is happy again.  :)

Oh ya, I have also been up to growing some hair...
I think it's coming along nicely, don't you?

Photobucket

**Treatment update**
I go in on Thursday (May 24) to be mapped and tattooed and get all prepped for Radiation.  Not sure if I will start on Friday or have to wait until Tuesday, but the ball is rolling!  Hooray!





5 comments:

  1. Love the pictures of Abbie and Ellie! They really look/are sooo big!! Can't wait to see you guys in the summer!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post. You're right. I've never thought about it, but 18 summers doesn't sound like nearly enough. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post. You're right. I've never thought about it, but 18 summers doesn't sound like nearly enough. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Abbie and Ellie look so beautiful! And way too grown up! I'm loving your new do also :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the hair! Doesn't it make you love short hair! Gets done so fast and looks so cute! Can't wait to see you! Hopefully soon for summer break!

    ReplyDelete