Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Beautiful Weekend

What an amazing Easter weekend!
Easter is one of my favorite holidays but this year it was even more special because our sweet Abigail was baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. She has been looking forward to this day for many months now.

Photobucket

She looked so beautiful in her dress that I DID NOT make this time. Some of you may remember the disaster that was Emma's baptism dress. I can sew a lot of things, but I discovered that a dress is not one of those things.

We had a lot of family in town and it was so much fun to have everyone here. Thank you all for your support on Abbie's special day.

Photobucket

After the baptism, we had an Easter Egg hunt at our house. The kids had a blast hunting for all of the eggs without any snow or mud.
Photobucket

Brittany and her kiddos and Dan, Chantelle and Haiven stayed at our house. We had fun decorating eggs and playing with all of the goodies that the Easter Bunny left. Easter Sunday was absolutely beautiful! The perfect day to celebrate such an important event in our lives. The Atonement and Resurrection of our Savior, Jesus Christ. I was lucky enough to be able to speak in church about how the Atonement has blessed my life and was very thankful for the opportunity to share my testimony.
My Savior has literally saved my life and I am forever in His debt.
Photobucket

I love being able to share my thoughts and feelings about the Savior- apparently a little too much though- I think I spoke too long. :/ But I didn't see anyone falling asleep so I guess it went ok. ;)

All in all, it was the perfect Easter weekend. I was sad to see it end.

3 comments:

  1. Easter was great! Thanks for letting us stay. All of my kids love it at your house and they never want to leave.
    So glad we could see Abbie be baptized and your talk was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Abbie! Wish we could have been there to participate in all the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it when you share your testimony. I'm sure the meeting was beautiful. :) Congratulations to Abby! What a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete