The inevitable has happened.
My Abbie girl has turned 8.
I am trying to keep them little, but it's not working out so well.
My Abbie girl has turned 8.
I am trying to keep them little, but it's not working out so well.
Abbie has always been a very independent spirit. She came when she wanted to and she continues to (try) to do exactly what she wants to do.
I tried to get her to come on Feb. 28- Emma's birthday is April 28th and Josh's is June 28th. I thought it would be so perfect if we could continue that trend and she could come on the 28th. No-go.
So I tried to get her to come on the 29th. Leap Day. Can't have a much cooler birthday than that. Nope, not that day either.
So I tried again on my birthday, March 2. Who doesn't want to share a birthday with their mother? Well, apparently Abbie didn't because she wouldn't come on that day either.
She wanted her very own birthday and that's what she got- March 4.
I tried to get her to come on Feb. 28- Emma's birthday is April 28th and Josh's is June 28th. I thought it would be so perfect if we could continue that trend and she could come on the 28th. No-go.
So I tried to get her to come on the 29th. Leap Day. Can't have a much cooler birthday than that. Nope, not that day either.
So I tried again on my birthday, March 2. Who doesn't want to share a birthday with their mother? Well, apparently Abbie didn't because she wouldn't come on that day either.
She wanted her very own birthday and that's what she got- March 4.
It's been fun to be able to have big birthday weekends for the past 8 years. With ours being so close together, we just party for a few days straight.
This year brought a unique set of challenges with my surgery being on the 29th.
But we only have big birthday parties every 4 years so I couldn't just say "Oh, we'll have a big party next year." She's been looking forward to this party for a couple of years now. I couldn't do it last weekend because we had other commitments and I didn't want to wait until next weekend so we decided to have it on Friday- my birthday- 2 days after my surgery.
Why not?
We are crazy around here, remember?
This year brought a unique set of challenges with my surgery being on the 29th.
But we only have big birthday parties every 4 years so I couldn't just say "Oh, we'll have a big party next year." She's been looking forward to this party for a couple of years now. I couldn't do it last weekend because we had other commitments and I didn't want to wait until next weekend so we decided to have it on Friday- my birthday- 2 days after my surgery.
Why not?
We are crazy around here, remember?
I knew my mom was going to be here, so I asked her if she would be in charge of the party and she did a fantastic job! Mommy's are the best.
Abbie is a true girly-girl and she wanted to have a spa party. It is a good thing that I have so many wonderful ladies in my life who are so willing to help me with anything.
I asked my friend, Lyndsey, my cousin, Leslie, my sis-in-law, Julie, and my niece, Kirsten if they would come and help paint toes and apply makeup.
The party was a smashing success. My mom worked hard all day making the goodies. My cousin, Leslie made the cute cake. I had made the decorations and party favors before my surgery.
All of Abbie's cute friends came and had pedicures, watched the Princess Diaries, ate lots of goodies, had beautiful makeup applied and went home happy.
My job during the party? To hold cute little Shelby, Leslie's baby. Okay, twist my arm. It was the perfect job for me.
It was a very fun day, especially because I was on pain meds and didn't really care about too much. ;)
I will post more birthday pictures later. We will be doing cake and presents tonight.
Thanks to everyone who helped with Abbie's party! You are the best!

Abbie is a true girly-girl and she wanted to have a spa party. It is a good thing that I have so many wonderful ladies in my life who are so willing to help me with anything.
I asked my friend, Lyndsey, my cousin, Leslie, my sis-in-law, Julie, and my niece, Kirsten if they would come and help paint toes and apply makeup.
The party was a smashing success. My mom worked hard all day making the goodies. My cousin, Leslie made the cute cake. I had made the decorations and party favors before my surgery.
All of Abbie's cute friends came and had pedicures, watched the Princess Diaries, ate lots of goodies, had beautiful makeup applied and went home happy.
My job during the party? To hold cute little Shelby, Leslie's baby. Okay, twist my arm. It was the perfect job for me.
It was a very fun day, especially because I was on pain meds and didn't really care about too much. ;)
I will post more birthday pictures later. We will be doing cake and presents tonight.
Thanks to everyone who helped with Abbie's party! You are the best!
Very cute! I can't believe she's eight!! Holy Cow!!
ReplyDeleteIt was a fun party, and boy was this grandma tired when the day was through, been a long time since I have thrown an 8 year olds party. Like almost 13 years. Happy that there was so many to help do pedi's, we would still be doing them. ;)
ReplyDeleteI am glad I could help out, it was fun being her for both of your birthdays, doesn't happen often. Love ya!