Winter is definitely not a great time to have no immune system.
I have been trying to fight off a simple cold for almost a month now and this weekend it took a nasty turn.
Add that to some side effects from Mr. Taxotere= a weekend stuck in bed.
I felt so good Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday after my first Taxotere treatment. I was really surprised and actually just waiting for something to go wrong. I knew it was too good to be true.
Somewhere in the middle of the night Friday, the chemo kicked in and I woke up with aches all over. It felt like every muscle and joint in my body was hurting. On top of that, the cold that I thought was almost gone, decided to stick around for a while.
So Saturday was spent in bed, being waited on hand and foot by my sweet husband and amazing kids. I really was amazed at my kids. Not once did they complain that mom was in bed and plans had to be changed. They were just concerned about me and hated to see me that way. That is not the mom they are used to. They are such great kids. I am one lucky mama.
Saturday night brought more aches and pains and now I think I have an ear infection. I called my doctor's office today and they finally gave me the go ahead to start taking my back up antibiotics. I couldn't take that pill fast enough.
So now I am having another lazy day at home- which isn't all bad. It gives me time to snuggle with my cute little almost 5-year old Ellie. (It is her birthday tomorrow.)
The aches are subsiding and my congestion is not as bad.
Another storm has passed and life is good.
I have been trying to fight off a simple cold for almost a month now and this weekend it took a nasty turn.
Add that to some side effects from Mr. Taxotere= a weekend stuck in bed.
I felt so good Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday after my first Taxotere treatment. I was really surprised and actually just waiting for something to go wrong. I knew it was too good to be true.
Somewhere in the middle of the night Friday, the chemo kicked in and I woke up with aches all over. It felt like every muscle and joint in my body was hurting. On top of that, the cold that I thought was almost gone, decided to stick around for a while.
So Saturday was spent in bed, being waited on hand and foot by my sweet husband and amazing kids. I really was amazed at my kids. Not once did they complain that mom was in bed and plans had to be changed. They were just concerned about me and hated to see me that way. That is not the mom they are used to. They are such great kids. I am one lucky mama.
Saturday night brought more aches and pains and now I think I have an ear infection. I called my doctor's office today and they finally gave me the go ahead to start taking my back up antibiotics. I couldn't take that pill fast enough.
So now I am having another lazy day at home- which isn't all bad. It gives me time to snuggle with my cute little almost 5-year old Ellie. (It is her birthday tomorrow.)
The aches are subsiding and my congestion is not as bad.
Another storm has passed and life is good.
Dang, so sorry to hear that! But I am glad there is a way up and you're headed there. Keep feeling better, and let us know what we can do. =)
ReplyDeleteI hope your cold goes away soon. Love you!
ReplyDeleteThat stinks I am so sorry, I was so excited about how good you were feeling Thursdaay and Friday. I hope the antibiotic works fast. And that you can stay away from anymore bugs that are out there. Love ya
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteTis the season I guess! Sorry you are feeling crappy. Hang in there!<3<3<3
ReplyDeletelove u Des. your an inspiration to us all.:)
ReplyDelete