How in the world can it be that my baby is 5 years old?
It was really only 5 years ago that she looked like this?
The best Christmas present ever?
It was really only 5 years ago that she looked like this?
The best Christmas present ever?
Now she is still just as cute- possibly even cuter. ;)
She was always the best baby. I often joke that's why we stopped with her, but it's no joke. I wanted to end on a high note and boy did we ever. She is practically the perfect child.
The only bummer thing about her birthday is that because of the stupid "C" word, we had to change some very fun things we were planning. It's her "magic birthday" (she turned 5 on the 5th) and so we had a big surprise in store for the kiddos. I can't divulge what that was because when this ride is all over, we are still planning on surprising them but let's just say we are supposed to be in a much warmer climate at a very magical place right now. :(
She was always the best baby. I often joke that's why we stopped with her, but it's no joke. I wanted to end on a high note and boy did we ever. She is practically the perfect child.
The only bummer thing about her birthday is that because of the stupid "C" word, we had to change some very fun things we were planning. It's her "magic birthday" (she turned 5 on the 5th) and so we had a big surprise in store for the kiddos. I can't divulge what that was because when this ride is all over, we are still planning on surprising them but let's just say we are supposed to be in a much warmer climate at a very magical place right now. :(
I am still trying to regain some strength back after the weekend. I really wanted to do something fun like ice skating or swimming or something, but we had to change those plans- again because of the stupid "C" word. Fortunately Ellie has always been one to go with the flow, so she was content to have a low key day.
So we went shopping at Target with Grandma Ogden and Penny, and watched movies all afternoon. I had every intention of making her a cake~ I even baked one on Sunday~ but when it came right down to it, I just didn't have the energy. So we picked one up at Target and she loved it.
She wanted spaghetti and meatballs for dinner- so daddy picked up Noodles and Company on his way home from work. We opened presents with Grandma Fowlks watching via Skype, ate some cake, and watched the Amazing Race.
A pretty successful birthday and she is as happy as a clam.
*I just have to mention one thing- you'll notice the title says "Five?!?! Come on!" For some reason, she has started saying, "Oh come on!" after almost everything.
Ellie: "Mommy can I open my presents now?"
Me: "No, wait until daddy comes home."
Ellie: "Oh, come on!"
You get the picture. It's darn cute.
Happy Birthday cute Ellie! I am so happy that you are my caboose and my little buddy. I am going to miss you next year when you go to Kindergarten, but I am glad that we still have a few months left to enjoy together.

So we went shopping at Target with Grandma Ogden and Penny, and watched movies all afternoon. I had every intention of making her a cake~ I even baked one on Sunday~ but when it came right down to it, I just didn't have the energy. So we picked one up at Target and she loved it.
She wanted spaghetti and meatballs for dinner- so daddy picked up Noodles and Company on his way home from work. We opened presents with Grandma Fowlks watching via Skype, ate some cake, and watched the Amazing Race.
A pretty successful birthday and she is as happy as a clam.
*I just have to mention one thing- you'll notice the title says "Five?!?! Come on!" For some reason, she has started saying, "Oh come on!" after almost everything.
Ellie: "Mommy can I open my presents now?"
Me: "No, wait until daddy comes home."
Ellie: "Oh, come on!"
You get the picture. It's darn cute.
Happy Birthday cute Ellie! I am so happy that you are my caboose and my little buddy. I am going to miss you next year when you go to Kindergarten, but I am glad that we still have a few months left to enjoy together.
I Love her!! I'm sure she thought her b-day was perfect!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe she's five either! Enjoy the last few months with her...you'll think of them often when she's off to school :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday cute Ellie it was so fun being a part of your birthday here in Leeds.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait till that magical place becomes a reality. Because I know when that happens you will be on the straight stretch of the road!!!! :)
Oh my goodness I freakin love that little cutie!! She really is the most adorable and sweet girl around....but then again all your kids are amazing! I have a little something special for the birthday girl...I will bring it when I see you on Monday.:)
ReplyDelete