Friday, December 23, 2011

My Christmas Wish

Well another chemo treatment behind me.
I had my 2nd Taxotere treatment on Wednesday (21st). It went well. It is definitely a little easier to go in now that I don't have that nasty red chemo flowing through my veins. But it still stinks to have to go in at all.

This means that I am down to 2 more treatments. Slowly, but surely the end of chemo is drawing near and I will not miss it at all. The only tears that will be shed are tears of joy as I get to ring that little bell at the end of the chemo hall.


I have titled this post "My Christmas Wish" and here it is.

My only wish is that I can take enough tylonol and ibuprofen to keep these nasty body aches away so I can enjoy this Christmas weekend. It is Friday night and I am starting to feel the familiar aches and pains that slowly crept into my life 3 weeks ago.
The pains that kept me in bed pretty much all that weekend.

I can't stay in bed this weekend.

Not with kids who are bursting with excitement every minute of the day.
Christmas is coming and I love everything about it!
We have a tradition of going to the zoo on Christmas Eve day and by golly, we will be there tomorrow with me in a wheelchair if necessary.
This cancer is not going to destroy beloved traditions.

I have my whole side of the family waiting for us down south where it is a bit warmer and I plan to make that trek down there after church on Sunday if it means Mark has to knock me out with a sledgehammer or something.


This cancer has changed too many of my plans this year, but I am digging my heels in on this one. It WILL NOT ruin my Christmas. My kids are not going to remember this Christmas with their mommy sick in bed. They are going to remember it as the year that we kicked cancer to the curb while we enjoyed our Christmas.


So Merry Christmas cancer! I hope you enjoy watching from the sidelines as we celebrate the birth of our Savior. My Savior who has carried me through the awful times. My Savior who knows how badly I want this trial to be over, but since it can't be quite yet, he will walk with me to the bitter end.


Photobucket

Enjoy this year cancer- because next year, you will be gone.


8 comments:

  1. Oh Des, I love your courage and strength. You WILL have a great tradition filled weekend. Enjoy the Zoo and St.George. Merry Christmas. Sure do love you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas! We pray that you feel well and can make wonderful memories. Enjoy St. George!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in awe. You my sweet friend are such an inspiration to me. Have fun in the sun, merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes. Yes Yes Yes!! Go Super Lady! Love ya Des, wishing you and your family a wonderful trip the zoo lights and St. George. Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am pryaing that those nasty old pains will just take a hike this weekend. You do have us all waiting to celebrate here in sunny St. George, I didn't say warm just sunny. Have a fun time at the zoo tomorrow and we will be seeing you Sunday. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I pray for that those drugs are aweome this weekend. You guys deserve a perfect Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Christmas Des!!! Thank you for being such a wonderful source of inspiration and strength in my life! I am so happy to call you my friend. SO much love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merry Christmas, Des! You're amazing, and I really like that picture you posted. I've never seen it before. Love you!

    ReplyDelete