Just a quick little post to commemorate this beautiful day.
Fourteen years ago, Mark and I started our forever family.
It was a very cold day and we were pretty much frozen by the time we were done taking pictures.
We chose December because it was in between Mark's school semesters and we didn't want to wait until spring.
We probably wouldn't have had red noses in all of our pictures if we would have waited until spring. ;)
Fourteen years ago, Mark and I started our forever family.
It was a very cold day and we were pretty much frozen by the time we were done taking pictures.
We chose December because it was in between Mark's school semesters and we didn't want to wait until spring.
We probably wouldn't have had red noses in all of our pictures if we would have waited until spring. ;)
Look at those baby faces!
I can't believe how young we look!
Ok- so we were young, but still!
I remember that it was a crazy, busy day- but everything was so beautiful and it was really one of the best days of my life.
The temple was beautiful and I remember having such a wonderful feeling of peace and joy. I knew that I was there with my soul mate and that we were beginning a journey that will last forever.
(Click here if you want to learn more about how families can be together forever.)
Now here we are, 14 years later.
I can't believe how young we look!
Ok- so we were young, but still!
I remember that it was a crazy, busy day- but everything was so beautiful and it was really one of the best days of my life.
The temple was beautiful and I remember having such a wonderful feeling of peace and joy. I knew that I was there with my soul mate and that we were beginning a journey that will last forever.
(Click here if you want to learn more about how families can be together forever.)
Now here we are, 14 years later.
We decided to have a little mini vacation over the weekend.
It was so nice to take a break from reality for a few days and just be together.
We stayed at the Zermatt Resort in Midway. We went swimming in the Crater (that's what the first two pictures are.) Not a great place to take pictures, and honestly, I was a bit creeped out by the place. But we had a fun time and the water was so warm! The perfect temperature. It was REALLY hard to get out and back into the cold air. Did not like that part.
We went shopping in Park City, ate lots of food and just had a relaxing time. It was wonderful. I am so glad that I was feeling good so that I could enjoy it.
Now it's back to reality-
4 kiddos, a dog and 6 chickens
a husband who is busy with work and church service
Christmas right around the corner (YAY!)
chemo treatment number 6 in a couple of days. (BOO!)
Not quite the reality I had imagined for myself 14 years ago, but I will take it.
My kids are healthy, my husband is healthy and they take such good care of me.
We have a warm home, plenty of food to eat and clothes to wear.
We get to enjoy the Christmas season with our family and friends.
We live in a land of freedom and opportunity.
I have amazing doctors who have helped me so much and have given me the opportunity to continue my life here on earth- to raise my kids- and be with my sweetheart.
How did I get so lucky?

It was so nice to take a break from reality for a few days and just be together.
We stayed at the Zermatt Resort in Midway. We went swimming in the Crater (that's what the first two pictures are.) Not a great place to take pictures, and honestly, I was a bit creeped out by the place. But we had a fun time and the water was so warm! The perfect temperature. It was REALLY hard to get out and back into the cold air. Did not like that part.
We went shopping in Park City, ate lots of food and just had a relaxing time. It was wonderful. I am so glad that I was feeling good so that I could enjoy it.
Now it's back to reality-
4 kiddos, a dog and 6 chickens
a husband who is busy with work and church service
Christmas right around the corner (YAY!)
chemo treatment number 6 in a couple of days. (BOO!)
Not quite the reality I had imagined for myself 14 years ago, but I will take it.
My kids are healthy, my husband is healthy and they take such good care of me.
We have a warm home, plenty of food to eat and clothes to wear.
We get to enjoy the Christmas season with our family and friends.
We live in a land of freedom and opportunity.
I have amazing doctors who have helped me so much and have given me the opportunity to continue my life here on earth- to raise my kids- and be with my sweetheart.
How did I get so lucky?
I'm glad you guys were able to have a mini vacation and have some time to just relax. It was fun to get to see your wedding pictures again. You two do have baby faces! I am so grateful you joined our family 14 years ago. I've loved having you for a sister-in-law :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary!!
ReplyDeleteI remember how COOOOLD it was, us coming from So UT we are wimps when it comes to cold. I admit it. I am so glad that you were able to get away. You both deserve it. It is not always fun coming back to reality, but we always have to. I love you and I hope that # 6 is easy on you. Love you and can't wait to see your cute family in a week.
ReplyDelete