I love it when it is a Time Out for Women weekend.
This was my 3rd year going and once again, I came away feeling rejuvenated and refreshed- ready to conquer the world again.
The speakers are always wonderful and amazing.
This year we had the opportunity to listen to
Hilary Weeks
Brad Wilcox
Sheri Dew
Stephanie Nielson
Emily Watts
Michael Wilcox
Wendy Ulrich
Laurel Christensen
This was my 3rd year going and once again, I came away feeling rejuvenated and refreshed- ready to conquer the world again.
The speakers are always wonderful and amazing.
This year we had the opportunity to listen to
Hilary Weeks
Brad Wilcox
Sheri Dew
Stephanie Nielson
Emily Watts
Michael Wilcox
Wendy Ulrich
Laurel Christensen
Just a little bit about the above pictures (from left to right)
1. Me and my sister, Brittany
2. Me and Hilary Weeks :)- songwriter extraordinaire. When I grow up I want to be like her.
3. Our TOFW group- Jenny (friend), my mom, Brittany (sister), my mom-in-law, me, Chantelle (sis-in-law), and Laurel (friend)
4. Mom and Chantelle
As I mentioned before, I always come away from this weekend feeling refreshed. Here are a few things that stuck out in my mind...
Brad Wilcox- "This life is about becoming better. The motivation comes when we look at the goal and not at the path. God is not the light at the end of the tunnel, but the enabling power to get us through the tunnel."
Stephanie Nielsen- "I chose to recover. I chose to remember that I am a daughter of God. I chose to become me and that's good enough."
Emily Watts- The Habits of Happiness
1- Develop a thick skin- we can't control how other people judge us, but we can control how we react.
2- Expect hard things of yourself and your children. That's how we grow.
3- Give your children the stability of a few, well-chosen traditions.
4- Learn to think of yourself as a person. Make sure you take care of yourself.
5- Catch your children doing something right and praise them for it.
Michael Wilcox- "The secret to becoming is learning."
Wendy Ulrich- "Savor every day delights."
I love being a woman. I love being a daughter of God- a Heavenly Father who knows me and loves me. I love having opportunities to learn and grow and become more like my Savior. I love being a wife and mother. These are the things I treasure most in this world and I am so grateful to have been blessed with more time on this earth to enjoy these things and to work on becoming better.
1. Me and my sister, Brittany
2. Me and Hilary Weeks :)- songwriter extraordinaire. When I grow up I want to be like her.
3. Our TOFW group- Jenny (friend), my mom, Brittany (sister), my mom-in-law, me, Chantelle (sis-in-law), and Laurel (friend)
4. Mom and Chantelle
As I mentioned before, I always come away from this weekend feeling refreshed. Here are a few things that stuck out in my mind...
Brad Wilcox- "This life is about becoming better. The motivation comes when we look at the goal and not at the path. God is not the light at the end of the tunnel, but the enabling power to get us through the tunnel."
Stephanie Nielsen- "I chose to recover. I chose to remember that I am a daughter of God. I chose to become me and that's good enough."
Emily Watts- The Habits of Happiness
1- Develop a thick skin- we can't control how other people judge us, but we can control how we react.
2- Expect hard things of yourself and your children. That's how we grow.
3- Give your children the stability of a few, well-chosen traditions.
4- Learn to think of yourself as a person. Make sure you take care of yourself.
5- Catch your children doing something right and praise them for it.
Michael Wilcox- "The secret to becoming is learning."
Wendy Ulrich- "Savor every day delights."
I love being a woman. I love being a daughter of God- a Heavenly Father who knows me and loves me. I love having opportunities to learn and grow and become more like my Savior. I love being a wife and mother. These are the things I treasure most in this world and I am so grateful to have been blessed with more time on this earth to enjoy these things and to work on becoming better.
Again it was great. This year was my 7th year. I to came away from TOFW refreshed and ready to take on this crazy world. Everyone of the speaker had something that I needed. I couldnt even say which one I liked the best. Music, speakers and all. It was fun being with you even though we didn't get to talk much it was that spiritual connection that was the best. Love you, see you Tues.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you were able to go this year :) I, too, really appreciate TOFW. These people have great perspective!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing! I love the habits of happiness. I wish I could have been there with ya'll!! I am so beyond excited to see you at Christmas time!!!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing! I wasn't able to go this year but the things you shared were very uplifting & inspiring!
ReplyDelete