Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Stuck in a Rut

Today has been a better day.
Well- compared to Saturday anyway.
Still not feeling fantastic in any way, shape or form- but I am managing to fumble my way through the days.

So I thought since I was feeling okay today I would try to get in the songwriting mood.
I have actually been trying for a while now and have a song in the works, but each time I pull it out to work on it, I get stuck in the same rut.

The rut of- I really don't know what I am doing.
I have songs in my heart that I want to get out, but my mind won't communicate with my hand to write it down on the paper. Everything is starting to sound the same and boring.
It's very frustrating.
One thing that excited me (just a little bit) about having to take some time off this year was that I was hoping to use it to focus on writing more songs.


But I think my chemo brain is getting in the way... :/

Anybody know of any songwriters who maybe actually know what they are doing and would be willing to tutor me? :)
I just need a little nudge in the right direction. Okay probably more like a big nudge, but a nudge nonetheless.




2 comments:

  1. It will come just make sure you have a paper and pen or at least your smart phone to write down the things that come to you, becuase they usually come at the most inoppurtune time. I have faith in you that you can do it. I have heard your others.
    :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so talented! You can make it happen! I've loved all that I've heard so far. You are Amazing!

    ReplyDelete