What a beautiful fall weekend! It was so nice to be able to enjoy some fun time with the family before we start the next leg of this journey with cancer.
Emma competed in the Oktoberfest competition this weekend. For those of you who are new to the blog- Emma is an ice skater. She has been ice skating for about 5 years now and it is her passion in life.
She won 3rd place in both of her events, but more importantly- she had fun and really skated her best. I am so proud of her. She works so hard.
Emma competed in the Oktoberfest competition this weekend. For those of you who are new to the blog- Emma is an ice skater. She has been ice skating for about 5 years now and it is her passion in life.
She won 3rd place in both of her events, but more importantly- she had fun and really skated her best. I am so proud of her. She works so hard.
Once again, her amazing costume designer came through. ;)
Another fun part of this fabulous fall weekend was our drive up the canyon to look at the leaves. I love the fall- the crispness in the air, the smells, the leaves- everything.
Another fun part of this fabulous fall weekend was our drive up the canyon to look at the leaves. I love the fall- the crispness in the air, the smells, the leaves- everything.
I learned one thing on this little jaunt though- I need to be more observant of what's going on around me. As we were walking along a trail, I heard Mark say good morning to someone passing us. Then he said, "Did you notice who that was?" Of course I didn't because I was in my own world, but it happened to be
President Uchtdorf and his wife. Really? Man, I hate it when I am not paying attention.
President Uchtdorf and his wife. Really? Man, I hate it when I am not paying attention.
I hate that the weekend is almost over because that means that my new real life has to begin and I am not sure I am ready for that new life. The closer it gets, the more anxious I am feeling. I just have to keep reminding myself that chemo is not the enemy. Yes, chemo is probably going to make me feel crappy, but it is killing the real enemy. I know that I CAN do this, I just really don't WANT to do this.
*Just a reminder that this coming Wednesday (28) is "Pink Wednesday". Send me your pictures by posting them on Facebook or emailing them to me.
Thanks again for all of your love and support!

*Just a reminder that this coming Wednesday (28) is "Pink Wednesday". Send me your pictures by posting them on Facebook or emailing them to me.
Thanks again for all of your love and support!
Love you- We are praying for you! Have your mom call me if there is anything I can help with!
ReplyDeleteHoly Cow! I can't believe how good Emma is! She amazes me!
ReplyDeleteYes, Chemo won't be fun but you will get through it!! We love you!
Your little Emma is sure talented! We'll be watching for her in the 2014 Olympics! Stay strong this week, and know that our thoughts and prayers are with you!
ReplyDeleteEMMA IS FANTASTIC!!!!! Thanks so much for posting those videos; I've wanted to see her skate since I first heard she skated. Tell her I think she's the bomb!
ReplyDeleteBest wishes this week. Pretty soon you'll be one down!
Great job Emma! She is amazing!
ReplyDeleteHi Desirae! Saw all the well wishes for you on facebook & came here to read your story. Thinking of you, praying for you & cheering you on!
ReplyDeleteKristen (Grimshaw) VanOrman
I also have to tell you that I clicked on your little girl's skating video & my five year old son was awestruck. He said, "Wow. How does she do that?" :)