Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Port and Pink Update

Just an update...
Had my port put in yesterday. Wow, that was a little more involved than I was planning. But it's in and it is sore unless I keep on top of my pain meds. Thank goodness I have those. I am very thankful to have it though. I am not a fan of needles and the thought of having them put an IV in every other week for a few months does not sound appealing at all. So this will be really great.
Also- tomorrow is the BIG day...Chemo day....Pink Wednesday. I am looking forward to seeing all of my fantastic friends and family in their pink attire. If you have already sent me a picture, you don't need to send me another one unless you really want to.
Still can't believe that this is my new life for the moment.
I have been feeling mostly calm, but I guess my anxiety must be worse than I thought because as I was coming out of the anesthesia yesterday, I just cried and cried and couldn't stop. The nurse who helped me was really sweet and just asked me about my kids and helped me talk about things.


Also, everyone has been so sweet and I always have people asking me what they can do to help. While my mom is here with us, I am not going to need too much help as far as housework and all that goes, but I am trying to build up my collection of "new hair" (scarves and hats). So if you feel so inclined and want to do something, I will take a scarf or a hat or a donation to the Scarf and Hat Fund.

Thank you again for your sweet words of encouragement and love. You all are gonna love me through this and I feel so lucky.


4 comments:

  1. good luck tomorrow, i know you will do great! Remember that it's alright to cry sometimes, it doesn't mean that the cancer is winning...just that you are human!
    i am so glad you like your family pictures, and thank you for the fun gift card and treats!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crying is GOOD, I like to think that it is not a sign of weakness because if it were I would be the weakest person on the face of this earth. Just let those tears flow and then you are ready to go the next round. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I'm Jonelle's friend, we met at the temple. :) I'm sorry that you have to go through this. But you know what? You have an AMAZING attitude and that in itself is the best medicine. :) I'm thinking of you! -Brie

    ReplyDelete