Thursday, July 28, 2011

Summer projects & a gift from a bug

I have been planning since about January to redo the girls rooms once summer hit. After months of saving and planning, they are finally done!
Here is a peek at Abbie's cute new room.
<span class=
Abbie loves to make projects so I found the biggest magnet board I could find for her to display all of her creations. I am in love with the name blocks and her curtains. I found the quilt at Target- it was the inspiration for the room. I really love how it turned out and she is so excited to have her own space. She really needs her own space sometimes. :)

Emma and Ellie are now sharing a room. This room gave me a little bit of grief. I had to make their quilts because a regular twin size blanket hangs over too much on the trundle bed. After a couple of sessions of having to unpick seams- they are finally done.
<span class=

Some of my favorite parts? The tissue balls in the "reading corner", the quote by President Uchtdorf on the wall, and the fabric. I am really in love with the fabric we found. Ellie helped me pick it out.
<span class=

They really fell in love with Abbie's magnet board so we had to put one up in their room as well. Now I won't have tape or staples in my wall. :/
I love decorating my home and really am happy with how these rooms turned out, but I think I am done decorating for a while...ok, let's be honest. I will probably take a week off and start another project because that's how I roll.

One other fun note for the summer...not so fun for Emma though...
She received a little present from a bug.
<span class=
This is really the bug bite from "you know where". We noticed this bug bite at the end of June. It was itchy and had a little redness around it so we watched it for a week or so. The redness went away, but the bump continued to get bigger. Took her to the doctor and they thought that maybe it was some scar tissue. I guess sometimes scar tissue builds up after a bite. So a couple of days later- it looked like the picture in the top left corner. I felt like it was a huge zit that needed popping. Took her to the Instacare and they put her on antibiotics and had us to hot compresses 3 times a day- but still no "popping of the zit". After being on the antibiotics for 10 days, it still looked the same and she developed a rash from the antibiotics! Seriously! How weird is this?
So yesterday we took her back to her regular doctor and FINALLY they got all of that infection out. One of the grossest things I have ever witnessed. They just stuck in a needle and immediately it started oozing puss and grossness. (The picture in the top right corner is what it looks like today.)
So now we have to wait until the rash goes away before starting another antibiotic and keep the wound moist with ointment so it can continue to drain and then heal.
Weird...



8 comments:

  1. the bug bite is disgusting. Thanks for sharing those pictures. :) The rooms are too cute! I can see why it took you so long. My parents are about to move into their house and I will be doing the same thing. The girls are so exctied to get their room finished up and get started on their new club house room they want. I love the quote as well. I have been trying to find a quote for the girls, I hope you don't mind if I steal it too. You are awesome and do such a good job with your fun crafts/projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just showed Isabel your rooms and she said "that is cool". When I told her you made the best spreads, her jaw dropped. that just goes to show you how much her mother sews.

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay, that is the most disgusting thing i have EVER seen!!! poor thing!
    oh, and their bedroomas are adorable - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet when Danette sees Emma rash she will get the hebby jebbies because of the rash she had about the same age from her mono. I am gald that it is on the mends anyway. The rooms are adorable. Very fitting for those cute girls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The rooms are so cute! great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everybody! I am pretty proud of them. I love it when my projects turn out like they begin in my head. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still want you to be in charge of my room! Your quilts are so darling! Have you seen my strip quilt? (I adore strip quilts!) I'll have to do a post on the 80 or so quilts I'm working on...

    Poor Emma! :( She's such a trooper! Good luck with the yuckiness...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poor Emma! I hope that bite clears up soon. I LOVE THE NEW BEDROOMS! You do an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete