Sunday, July 3, 2011

How did I get this old?

I am not quite sure how this happened.
How did I go from being a brand new mom with a chunky, cute baby boy to a mom with a 12-year old boy?
Photobucket
These past 12 years have sure gone by fast. Sometimes not fast enough, but for the most part I have found myself saying, "Slow down!"
I am not ready to be the mom of a pre-teen and the scary thing is, in just 5 short years I will have 2 teenagers and 1 pre-teen. Now that is a scary thought.

I just have to share some things about Josh...
1. He is so excited to be 12. In our church, once a boy turns 12, he is able to hold the priesthood. He has been looking forward to this moment for a while now.

2. He is becoming quite the little cellist. He started playing the cello last fall and we just gave him a cello for his birthday along with starting lessons. He loves it and I don't have to ask him twice to practice.

3. He has definitely developed a "grown up" appetite. I am not sure how we are going to keep our kitchen stocked...

4. He is so excited to be able to go to the temple to perform baptisms for the dead.
(Any of the church terms you may not be familiar with- I have made them a link so you can find out more about them if you would like.)

5. He loves to swim.

6. He really likes to cook and bake. He is now in charge of dinners on Monday nights so it will be fun to see what dinners he chooses to make.

7. He is very excited to start junior high in the fall.

8. He is a fantastic artist and loves to sketch.

9. He is a good big brother- he has definitely perfected the art of teasing his sisters, but when needed, he is their biggest defender and protector.

10. He made it a goal to finish the Book of Mormon by the time he was 12 and he actually finished 2 weeks ago.

11. He loves to learn things- as long as he can do it by reading or watching it on TV. He can remember everything he reads or watches. Then why do I have to remind him to brush his teeth? Haven't figured that one out yet.

12. Last but not least, he loves his family. He gives me multiple hugs and kisses throughout the day. Almost every time he sees me. Sometimes I have to catch myself and not act annoyed when he grabs me and hugs me while I am in the middle of something. Who knows how long this will last? I need to enjoy it while I can.

Yes, we have been blessed with one amazing kid. I just pray every day that I will be able to teach him the things he needs to know and not screw him up too badly....

Love ya buddy! Happy Birthday and congratulations on becoming a Deacon and receiving the priesthood. I am so proud of you and can't wait to see how you will take on your teenage years. It will be interesting for sure.




4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Josh! I can't believe it either. He was one cute baby and now one handsome man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please enjoy those hugs because they do come to a halt at least mine did when the teen age years roll around. So enjoy them. He was the cutest little (big) guy. And I agree with Danette one hansome young man. Love ya Joshy squashy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey is an amazing boy and you can tell just by looking at him!! He is the biggest sweetheart and an amazing example to me! Tell that boy congrats and that I love him!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Happy Birthday Josh! It was so great to be with you on Sunday. You are a GREAT example to all of us! We love you!!

    ReplyDelete