Sunday, May 1, 2011

Double the Birthday- Double the Fun!

The last week of April/first week of May always brings a lot of fun around our house because we have lots of birthdays to celebrate.
In our house, we have 2- Mark and Emma- but we also get to celebrate 2 of my aunts, my Grandma H and my Dad. Lots of birthday fun...


Mark turned 35 today. He's getting up there. ;)
I just have to say how lucky I feel to have him in my life. He keeps me sane in my moments of insanity. He loves me even when I turn into "crazy mom". He is the perfect daddy for our 4 amazing kiddos and I love him so much. I love that he goes to work every day even when he knows it is going to be a stressful day. I love that he honors his priesthood and puts everything he has into fulfilling his callings, even when it means I have to be by myself with 4 kids in church. He is my best friend and I love him so much!


And now my little miss Emma. She turned 9 on the 28th. NINE! Really, I can't believe it. We were watching some old videos today and she was about 4 years old. It was so fun to hear her cute little voice again and her cute squatty body. It made me miss that for just a second but then I look at this wonderful and amazing little lady that she is becoming and I am so proud to be her mom.


All she wanted for her birthday was a Nintendo DS (or a "PSI" as Ellie calls it :)
So between us and the grandparents, we were able to fulfill her wish and I don't think her smile could have gotten any bigger.
I also have a tradition of checking them out of school and taking them to lunch for their birthday. She has been planning to go to Quiznos for weeks now. She even saw some coupons lying around at Grandma O.'s house and made sure we put them in my purse.


Ellie is lucky to be the little munchkin who gets to be the third wheel on our lunch dates. We had a great time and I love having a little one on one with each of my kids.


Emma is definitely her daddy's girl and requested a chocolate pie for her birthday dessert.
Notice she still has the DS in her hands. I had to pry it from her to go to school.
My Emma is my tender-heart. She loves to be with her friends and loves to be on the ice. She is a good girl who tries hard to choose the right and loves to share her testimony.
I love you Miss Emma! I am glad you had such a fun birthday and I am so proud to be your mommy! :) I still remember the moment you were born and they said, "It's a girl!" I was so happy to have a little girl that I could love and share all of the fun things being a girl has to offer.

2 comments:

  1. I love the last sentence you wrote. I would love to have that experience. You are an amazing mom. Happy birthday, Emma! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww....this made me tear up a little! I can't believe she's nine! !

    ReplyDelete