So just a little background for those of you who don't know Mark all that well.
He is not a big spender- but when he sets his mind to something, he wants it now, no matter what the cost! Which is really fine with me on most days because I hate shopping for him so when he finally decides on something he wants- I say go with it.
This is why I now have a carton full of itty bitty baby chickens on my lap. :/
He is not a big spender- but when he sets his mind to something, he wants it now, no matter what the cost! Which is really fine with me on most days because I hate shopping for him so when he finally decides on something he wants- I say go with it.
This is why I now have a carton full of itty bitty baby chickens on my lap. :/

We were having a pretty great day yesterday- cleaned out half of the garage which felt really good, spent some time outside, etc. Then Mark says to me, "Let's go to IFA because I need to get some fertilizer for the lawn." I say, "Ok"- a trip to the store without children is always a welcome treat, even if it is the IFA Country Store. Little did I know he had ulterior motives....

We have been wanting to get chickens for a while now. I am not opposed to the chickens, I am just CRAZY busy right now and did not want to add one more thing to my plate. Because let's face it folks- who really ends up taking care of the pets most days? I just couldn't face another thing, so I thought I had convinced Mark to wait until next spring. But he knows I am a sucker for cute things, so it was just figuring out a way to get me near the chicks....then I wouldn't be able to say no.

And they sucked me in- those cute little chirping sounds, the fluffy little bodies, those cute little faces. How could I not want to bring them home? So here we are, adding 6 more little ladies to the family. (Sorry Josh). We have Gloria, Pipsqueak, Kelly, Shadow, Peepers, and Kevin.
(You know like on the movie, UP- "Kevin's a girl?")

The kids are in love. The good news is, they are a hands on pet. It's good to hold them because then they will be more friendly as adult chickens. So you didn't have to tell my kiddos twice. Now instead of bugging me to watch TV or play the Playstation, it's "Can I hold the chicks?" We'll see how long that lasts...
(Do you like how Abbie had to go right in and get her cowgirl hat?) :)

I can't just say the kids are the only ones in love. Mark and I are pretty smitten too. They are all such sweet little things and so fun to hold.


they are cute little things. good luck with them, now we have two farmers in the family. :)
ReplyDeleteThey are SO sweet! Love the pictures!
ReplyDeleteAh they are soooo cute!! :) I love the title of this post haha.
ReplyDeleteThat is so funny! We just got chickens too. We are both becoming country hicks. I love the cowboy hat. You can't hold chicks without the hat. Now just be careful because before you know it you will be locked in the chicken coop and no one will be there to let you out. (yes that happened to me) Laugh now because that is funny stuff. I had to sit inside the coop for 10 minutes waiting for someone to come let me out. Be careful!
ReplyDeleteMelissa- that is hilarious...you just made my day. :)
ReplyDelete