Saturday, April 9, 2011

Spring Break (better late than never!)

We had a very fun spring break this year. We took a few days and headed South to some warmer weather. Unfortunately Mark had to stay and work so we had to party without him.
We took the kids to a park by Brittany's house one day and I am now thinking that my kids need to get out more...


They were running around like crazy! It was like they had never seen a park before. Spring fever I guess. We had a fun time. Emma fell in love with a "spinner". Go figure- the ice skater likes to spin. Josh had me take a picture of him jumping off the top of a slide. Which actually turned out pretty cool.

Our next adventure was hiking and tin foil dinners at Red Cliffs.
Again, my kids need to get out more...I guess there is such a thing as watching too much tv. :/
We had such a fun time hiking, making tin foil dinners, and making smores.


It was fun to spend time with everyone- especially cute baby Haiven. :) She even went on the hike with us. We made it back to the water and our crazy friend Craig decided he wanted to go for a swim- in the freezing water. Raylie and Ellie were not too excited that he jumped in. They love him and were so worried about him! It was very cute.

Our last adventure was at the Valley of Fire. It was funny because even though it was only around 75 degrees, my kids were complaining about how hot it was because it was the "Valley of Fire". We had fun hiking around and running away from all of the bugs. (Yes, Ellie and Abbie have inherited their mother's fear of bugs and it was funny to watch.)


It was so nice to have a little break in some warmer weather. I had so much fun with all of my family. I love watching my kids play with their cousins that they don't get to see all the time. They get so excited to be with them and have so much fun together. We missed having our Daddy with us though and I know he was sad to miss the party. Now my kids are addicted to hiking which is good, because it will force us to get out more. :)

Abbie loved the trip so much, she wrote a book about it. I hope you enjoy- I will write translation for those of you who don't speak "1st grader" language.
The Valley of Fire by Abbie Ogden

Dedicated to my Grandma & Grandpa in St. George. The Valley of Fire.
The Valley of Fire is really hot.

I went hiking with my family. I hit my knee.

It stinged bad. I saw a spider. It just nearly jumped off the mountain.

The Valley of Fire has a lot of secret hideouts.
It is fun.

You just want to jump in a pool.
We had to climb a rope.

My Uncle Craig jumped into the cold water.
He is sick now. (Achoo!)


We had fun. FUN!
The End.

3 comments:

  1. Love Abbies book it is awesome. I tried the other day to upload my pics three times and it wouldnt do it so I need to try again. It was fun love having you all down here I am glad the weather was warm and not like it has been the last 2 days *SNOW*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great story Abbie!!
    Will you send me the picture of Luke on the log! I LOVE it!
    Glad you guys were able to come down, it was fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a lot of fun. Sorry we couldn't get together, but your family loved having you around and that is much more important that your best friend from high school.:( J/K Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete