Saturday, March 5, 2011

March Madness (Birthday Madness that is...)

March comes in with loads of birthday goodness around our house.
I celebrated my 33 birthday on March 2nd and Abbie turned 7 on the 4th.
Here are some of our birthday celebration pictures...


I made the most delicious cupcakes for my birthday. Really, they were pretty awesome.


My mom and dad gave me a great birthday present....them!
They drove up to spend the day with me (and to pick up some fence supplies of course, but mainly to be with their favorite oldest daughter).


It was so fun to have them here. We went to lunch at Scaddy's (delicious) and had dinner at Market Street Grill (even more delicious.) It was a really great day. Too bad I had to turn 1 year older in the process.


So Miss Abbie KaDabbie turned 7 years old this year. 7!!?!! How did that happen?
I really can't believe it.
She loves making projects and of course, she had to make something in honor of her birthday. So here it is, her "Birthday Girl" sign. Don't you love it?


She opened presents before school and then we went to see Rango after school.


As most of you may know, there are at least two things that we know of that are impossible for me to do.
1.) Make a baptism dress
2.) Make a birthday cake look like I want it to.
This year was no exception unfortunately. I really thought I had it in the bag! All she wanted was a double layer round cake with green frosting and her picture on top. We have a cute little picture holder that we bought for Emma's cake and that's all she wanted. So simple...how could I possibly mess up a simple round cake? Especially since I had just made those delicious cupcakes from scratch two days before?
Well folks, see for yourself...
Not sure what happened. The cakes would not come out of the pans. I thought maybe it was because I had left them in the pans overnight. So I hurried and whipped up another cake mix and tried it again. This time I greased and floured the pans really well. I guess this cake was just not meant to be because they would not come out of the pans in one piece. This really is becoming quite comical...

Not to fear, after a quick trip to the grocery store we had one satisfied customer...:)

So the last part of the birthday celebrations was a double pedicure. When I asked Abbie what she wanted for her birthday, the first thing she said-without hesitation-a pedicure. A girl after my own heart.

We had a fun little girls day together- pedi's and shopping at the mall. Can't get better than that.


The perfect end to a perfect birthday week.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful pedi-toes. Wish I could have stayed that long I need one really bad. Sorry about the cake thing. :/ It was a fun spending time with you on your birthday. Love ya.
    Love that cute Abbie Kadabbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha i love the cake!!!! Perfect in my eyes ;) I can't believe she is 7! Des don't let your kids grow anymore please!!!! She is so stinking cute! I love that she wanted a pedicure i dont think i ever even thought of that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love looking at your blog because it always makes me laugh. That cake is awesome. Now see that is something I can do better than you so that also makes me happy. The cakes I make always turn out perfect. (Yeah right). I am glad you had a good birthday and now you are older than me so that makes me happy too! I love you!!!

    P.S. I am blogging again and have been quite consistent with it!!

    ReplyDelete