Well, I truly believe the saying
"When it rains, it pours."
But in this case- I don't mind the pouring.
A few posts back, I told you about a recent experience I had in writing a song for our Stake's Pioneer Trek this summer.
If you haven't read about it yet, click here.
I had another sweet experience with this song that has further convinced me that for some reason, the Lord wants people to hear it. A few years back, Mark gave me some recording equipment for Christmas. I have played around with it and recorded a few songs, but I have still not really figured out how to get the best sound. I am constantly trying different buttons and volume balance and whatever else I can think of to make it sound better. I think what it comes down to is I am just too picky. :)
Anyway, I needed to get this song recorded so that they can use it at various Trek activities and things so I said a quick prayer that I would be pleased with how it would turn out and that I would be able to make a recording that will somehow convey the spirit of the song to those who listen to it- namely the awesome Young Men and Women who will be attending Trek.
Once again- heaven stepped in and what I ended up with was probably the best recording I have ever done. (Even with the few mistakes that hopefully only I can pick out.)
Wanna hear it? Click on the song title for your listening pleasure (hopefully.)
The Light of His Love
Well, now I am like a woman possessed. I feel like this has given me the confidence to tackle something that I have always wanted to do- write songs. I already have another one nearly completed. It's crazy stuff.
There's a time and season for everything and now it seems, is the time for me to share my thoughts and my testimony through song.
This past year I have had a really strong desire to do something more with my musical abilities, but I was not quite sure which direction to go. This experience is one step in the right direction I think. I have also been trying to put some feelers out and hopefully will have some opportunities this summer to "expand my horizons".
My dream in all this?
To be able to share the amazing goodness that is this gospel.
To strengthen those who are in need of a boost.
To bring the love of a Living Christ to those who may not feel it yet.

"When it rains, it pours."
But in this case- I don't mind the pouring.
A few posts back, I told you about a recent experience I had in writing a song for our Stake's Pioneer Trek this summer.
If you haven't read about it yet, click here.
I had another sweet experience with this song that has further convinced me that for some reason, the Lord wants people to hear it. A few years back, Mark gave me some recording equipment for Christmas. I have played around with it and recorded a few songs, but I have still not really figured out how to get the best sound. I am constantly trying different buttons and volume balance and whatever else I can think of to make it sound better. I think what it comes down to is I am just too picky. :)
Anyway, I needed to get this song recorded so that they can use it at various Trek activities and things so I said a quick prayer that I would be pleased with how it would turn out and that I would be able to make a recording that will somehow convey the spirit of the song to those who listen to it- namely the awesome Young Men and Women who will be attending Trek.
Once again- heaven stepped in and what I ended up with was probably the best recording I have ever done. (Even with the few mistakes that hopefully only I can pick out.)
Wanna hear it? Click on the song title for your listening pleasure (hopefully.)
The Light of His Love
Well, now I am like a woman possessed. I feel like this has given me the confidence to tackle something that I have always wanted to do- write songs. I already have another one nearly completed. It's crazy stuff.
There's a time and season for everything and now it seems, is the time for me to share my thoughts and my testimony through song.
This past year I have had a really strong desire to do something more with my musical abilities, but I was not quite sure which direction to go. This experience is one step in the right direction I think. I have also been trying to put some feelers out and hopefully will have some opportunities this summer to "expand my horizons".
My dream in all this?
To be able to share the amazing goodness that is this gospel.
To strengthen those who are in need of a boost.
To bring the love of a Living Christ to those who may not feel it yet.
LOVE THIS!!! I have no doubt that you will be amazing at writing songs!! I can't wait to hear more!
ReplyDeleteYou truly are one talented lady and i am so grateful to call you my friend. I am excited to hear more.
ReplyDeleteoops, that DMBA comment is from me, Shauna B.
ReplyDeleteThat balance is really good. It sounds great!!!! Can't wait to hear your next one.
ReplyDeleteThat I can hear!!! Love the song lyrics and music. Keep feeding that desire you have always had a great talent. Looking to enjoy the fruits of your qwest.
ReplyDeleteThat was beautiful. thanks for sharing.
ReplyDelete