Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Life & Times of Blankie Bear

So here is my sweet Emma Kay- 1 month old. This was her first encounter with "Blankie Bear".
The blanket she is lying on was given to us by one of Mark's co-workers. I just used it on the changing table to make it soft and cushy.


Lo and behold, Miss Emma became attached. Wherever Emma was, Blankie was.


It comforted her in times of stress- like when her brother gave her a black eye with a frisbee. :/


It's only been the last few years that she has started calling it "Blankie Bear". Oh, this Blankie Bear has been loved. It has been washed probably a thousand and one times and poor Blankie Bear is just not looking too soft and cushy these days...


But, there was no way that Emma would give Blankie Bear up. Every time I would suggest getting rid of it, the tears would well up. But I have patched it and patched it and could patch it no more.


So I decided to give Blankie Bear a makeover. I salvaged what I could from our dear Blankie Bear. There were not many pieces left that didn't have a hole in it somewhere. But I managed to salvage enough to make a whole new Blankie Bear.


Ta Da! The new and improved Blankie Bear! Emma loves it. It looks much better and is a lot softer than before.
Maybe this will give us another 8 years... :)

6 comments:

  1. Love it. Can you do that with my blankie? it is in some bad shape. 27 years.... It kind of freaks Jon out that I STILL sleep with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure! I'm sure we could figure something out. :) Hope you're enjoying your winter break!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute!! Was Emma really that small?? That went by way too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad the story went that way I was afaid of the alternative ending and I am glad it went this way. I was hoping that you salvaged it, and that the round file didn't get it. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, what a cutie Emma is/was. Good luck with the blankie. I'm glad you could salvage some of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so cute! I'm glad you were able to save it. Love the new and improved blankie. I still have my Woobie :)

    ReplyDelete