What a fantastic Labor Day Weekend! We had the opportunity to spend it at the Heber Valley Girls Camp with our two fabulous missionaries, Grandma & Grandpa O.

It was really one of the best weekends ever. We all had such a great time together. We just relaxed, talked, played some games, attended church, went hiking & played a little volleyball. The weather was perfect- the food was perfect- the company was perfect. It doesn't get better than this.

The hike was beautiful! We made it to the top of Lookout Point and it was amazing. We are certainly blessed to live in such a beautiful world and I am thankful for the opportunity we had to enjoy it.

The kids spent almost the whole time playing with Grandma & Grandpa's ATV's. They can't ride anywhere on them- it's against the rules- but they didn't care. They played anyway. It's so fun to hear them as they pretend and play with each other.

Here we all are once again. Just a few VIP's missing- Ben (who will be home from his mission on Tuesday. YAY!), Jake (who is currently enjoying the college life at Georgetown), Natalie & Mark, Dustin & Nicole, Stirling & Cameron, OJ, Sherrie & Penelope. This is after the first half of the hike- lookin' pretty good I think. :)

Here are Grandma & Grandpa with most of their little angels. Oh how these kiddos love their grandma & grandpa and vice versa. Their mission has been such a blessing for our whole family, but especially for them I think. I love to hear their mission stories and see how they shine with the light of the Spirit. They are fantastic people- two of the best I know. I definitely lucked out in the in-laws department.
It was sad to see the weekend end. We lingered as long as possible and even had dinner with Mom & Dad when they came home on Monday night for their P-Day. It really is fun to live so close to them and be able to share so many great experiences with them. I love that Mark & his dad will be able to work together in their Stake callings. His dad actually gave him a special priesthood blessing (set him apart for his calling) while we were all there together. It was neat because our nephew, Nate, just received the priesthood and was able to stand in the circle and participate in the blessing. (Strange terms for all of you who are not familiar with our religion, sorry. A Stake is a large group of LDS members within a geographical area and Norm & Mark have been asked to be in the leadership for our Stake. Big responsibilities- but also great opportunities to serve.)
I am sad to have missed the time in Kolob with my family. It was one of those times where I wish I could have been two places at once. But we will all be together really soon when Danette comes for a visit. :) Can't wait....
It was sad to see the weekend end. We lingered as long as possible and even had dinner with Mom & Dad when they came home on Monday night for their P-Day. It really is fun to live so close to them and be able to share so many great experiences with them. I love that Mark & his dad will be able to work together in their Stake callings. His dad actually gave him a special priesthood blessing (set him apart for his calling) while we were all there together. It was neat because our nephew, Nate, just received the priesthood and was able to stand in the circle and participate in the blessing. (Strange terms for all of you who are not familiar with our religion, sorry. A Stake is a large group of LDS members within a geographical area and Norm & Mark have been asked to be in the leadership for our Stake. Big responsibilities- but also great opportunities to serve.)
I am sad to have missed the time in Kolob with my family. It was one of those times where I wish I could have been two places at once. But we will all be together really soon when Danette comes for a visit. :) Can't wait....
Yea for family time!! I can't wait to see you guys!
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like a lot of fun. I bet the kids had a ton of fun on that ATV. I wouldn't have followed the rules either.
ReplyDelete