
So I've posted more pictures on Facebook, but I just want to post some here and give a little run down of one of the best weeks of my life. Mark had a work conference in Miami and it just worked out that I could go with him. So we had 4 days of fun and relaxation. Well, I had 4 full days. Mark did have to work the first two days. So I had two days all to myself. What did I do you ask? Absolutely nothing and it felt great! Okay, I did get a pedicure, go shopping, soaked up a little bit of sunshine, and got some scrapbook pages done on my computer. So I did do some things, but I didn't think about PTA, preschool, or any of the other hundreds of things I usually think about in a day.

Mark only had a half day of work on Wednesday so we spent Wed. afternoon & Thursday doing some fun things. We went to Gator Park and rode on an airboat, held an alligator, and I (almost) kissed a toad. Yuck. We went to a very cool place called Coral Castle, went to a movie and found THE best bar-b-q place we have ever been to. It was awesome. I wish I could have kept eating it all night. On Thursday we lucked out and found a stretch of beach with nobody on it. So we had a nice relaxing morning on our own private beach. The sun even peeked out of the clouds for little stretches of time.

I was really able to just hit the pause button and catch my breath. I had some time to "search, ponder, and pray" and found some great scriptures that will give me the boost that I need right now. I received a new church calling before we left on our trip. I am now a member of our Primary Presidency. I think my exact words were, "You're kidding, right?" Some days I feel like I am drowning in everything that I have going on. But I know that my Father in Heaven knows me. He knows my crazy life and He knows what I can and can't handle. So if He knows I can do it, then I am up for the challenge.

I know that I have a Father in Heaven who knows and loves me. I can do all things through Christ. Everything that I do in my crazy life is because I have His help. He has blessed me with the skills and talents that I need to fulfill His plan for me here on earth. I also know that if I continue to ask for His help, serve with all my heart, & put my family first, I will be able to "endure to the end" and accomplish the things that I need to do.

I am so thankful for the opportunity I had to have a wonderful week full of rest, time with my best friend, a little bit of sunshine & fun.
I can't say I'm not jealous at all! I'm glad you had fun, it was well deserved!
ReplyDeleteLove those purple toes! I'm glad you had a great time. You deserve it! :)
ReplyDeleteIt is always nice to get away with the one you love.
ReplyDeleteFirst of all, let me say that I am not worried at all about your new Primary calling! I think it is so natural for you to do that you'll find it a more relaxing calling than you have had in a while. Kelli made a great choice in you!!!!
ReplyDeleteSecond, I am really excited that you had some time off. And to be with just your husband looked fabulous!! I can't believe you held a croc!!!!!
You are amazing! Your testimony is such an inspiration to all of us and we are all so lucky to have you in our lives!!!!
Well I guess we can all say we are probably just a little bit jealous of that. Next time you should take some friends (Landon and Melissa)!!! WE all deserve some time away to search ponder and pray. I am glad you were given that time. I love ya!!
ReplyDeleteIts always great to get a break - especially at your busy, busy time of life. Make sure you don't "run faster than you have strength." Balance is great—on the other hand—aren't you lucky to have such important things going on in your life that you can contribute to - and so many people who need you and love you.
ReplyDeleteMelissa-
ReplyDeleteOne of these days we will go on a trip together. Someday. . . :)
Jealous! I have sooo been craving the beach and ocean! It has been to many years!
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a good time!