Tuesday, June 30, 2009

A Glimmer of Hope

So our family has had a pretty crappy end to the month of June. My Grandpa H. has been in the hospital for most of this month. We know the end of his life here on earth is near and we are all feeling the pain and sorrow of losing him. He is such a fighter though and his mind is sound and clear, yet his body seems to be giving up the fight. As I have struggled with this turn of events in my life I came across this video. This comes from one of my favorite General Conference talks by Elder Joseph B Wirthlin. I remember this talk very clearly because it was a very powerful testimony of how no matter what life brings us, there is always hope. Hope of wonderful things to come. Watching this video and hearing an apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ bear witness of Him has lifted me up during my time of sorrow. I hope that it will bring the same feeling of peace and comfort to those of you who choose to watch it as well.

Sunday Will Come

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry you are going through this difficult time. I loved this talk as well, as it has brought much comfort to us too. I am so glad we have such great leaders in the church that are inspired and that help us put things in perspective. We love you guys and pray for your family at this time. When you are able, lets get together.

    ReplyDelete