

Yesterday was a pretty exciting day! We had a field trip to Wheeler Farm and Josh began his 3 year journey with braces. He was excited to get them on, until they started putting everything in his mouth. That pretty much killed the excitement for him when he started to feel the pain! Poor kid! Right now he actually only has braces on his top four front teeth. He has an appliance called a HERPS that consists of 4 crown-like things on his back molars with a hinge attached on each side. He has a pretty bad overbite so this is supposed to pull his lower jaw forward. He will have this on for a year and then he will have regualar braces for about 2 years. He was miserable last night. I had flashbacks of my days with braces when you pretty much can't eat anything for 2 days after you have them tightened. Good thing he likes soup! :)
Wheeler Farm was so fun. It's great to go in the spring so you can see so many baby animals. We were fortunate enough to see a brand new baby cow. It was only a few hours old. One of the coolest things I've ever seen. Ellie loved looking at the animals, she just didn't want to get too close to them. But we had a great time walking around and then we had lunch with my cute preschool classes. I have such awesome kids this year. They keep me laughing.
Poor josh! I can still remember the pain all to well. It makes him look like a teenager though, where did little Joshy squashy go?? The farm looked like a lot of fun! maybe someday we'll have our own farm you can come visit! :)
ReplyDeleteJosh looks all to excited to have them on! How painful the hinges look! Load him up on Ibuprofen...i too remember the pain!
ReplyDeleteHow fun to go to a farm. I should tell Roxanne about seeing if she can take the kids to Brant's ranch. The kids would love it!
How did I miss the brand new calf!? I saw the baby goats and a baby cow but it looked older then a few hours. Anyways my kids had a blast Thanks for being an awesome teacher
ReplyDeleteIm so sorry Josh grandma never had braces but put them on all our kids so I went through it with them good luck with them and keep eating the soup and have your mom get you YUMMY SHAKES as well.
ReplyDeleteThe farm looks really fun it has been along time since I have been there.
Is he seriously old enough for braces???? What?!?! Geez! I guess I think he is still 3 or 4-- OH MY!
ReplyDelete