Sunday, March 29, 2009

I thought this was Spring Break. . .




So our Spring Break actually began on Friday because the kids are out of school until next Friday. We've been on the tale end of some virus that has been floating around our house, wreaking havoc. Emma had the tummy issues on Thursday and Friday but seemed to be a little better by Friday night. However, on Saturday morning, she woke up with some severe stomach cramps. She wouldn't even get out of bed by herself. So Mark and I decided we better take her in somewhere just to make sure it wasn't appendicitis or something. I took her to the instacare and long story short, she ended up being pretty dehydrated, they hooked her up with an IV and sent us to Primary Children's for further evaluation. They decided that it most likely was not appendicitis, just a very bad stomach bug. So Emma and I spent Saturday night at the hospital. She thought she was queen for a day; I couldn't wait to bust the joint! Although I have to say that I love Primary Children's and once again I was reminded of how lucky we are to live so close to such an awesome children's hospital. She was pumped full of fluids and we were outta there by 9 on Sunday morning. She is feeling much better tonight, thankfully. So on with the Spring Break festivities! Just kidding, actually don't have too much planned and unfortunately it's supposed to SNOW all week!!!! :(
I really need a sunny vacation. . .

5 comments:

  1. Aw, poor Emma! Glad she is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor little Emma,I'll bet she thought she was queen if only she felt better. She does look like she doesn't feel well. And again if your looking for a sunny vacation not sure you'll want to come south because I think it forgot that it is suppose to be sunny here. This winter lost our sun and it hasn't been found yet. :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's NOT snowing here!!!!
    It's nice and SUNNY :)
    hint...hint!

    Glad Emma is feeling better. Atleast she won't be missing any school.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i do not like that 2nd pic! it makes me so sad!! emmas face!! but man im glad everything is ok!! can our family just not be healthy for a little bit!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh you guys really know how to catch the virus's- I hope she gets better really quickly so you can enjoy our snowy spring break!
    Oh- and thanks for turning on the kindergarten paper for Jayce- I received the info in the mail and we are looking forward to going to the orientation.
    Get better!

    ReplyDelete