
Just a quick post in remembrance of my Uncle Ray. He died in January 2001,very unexpectedly. I miss him a lot. I'm sad that my kids won't know him in this life. He loved kids. Josh was about 18 months old when he died and I remember that every time we would go over to the Fence Co, Ray would come up to the car and try to make Josh laugh by tapping on the window and making faces at him. I have such great memories of him at Lake Powell and other family vacations. He was the life of the party. One time at Lake Powell, he brought a huge sheet of plastic that he put down on a sandstone hill. The plastic went right into the water. He used a pump to pump water from the lake to the top of the hill and we had our very own huge water slide! So much fun. I'm so thankful to know that I will see him again. My kids will know him and we will have fun with him again. Love you Ray!
(Sorry the picture is bad. It's a picture of a picture of me with Ray when I was about 2 or 3).
i miss him a lot to! its hard for me to remember him which sucks! but i try to hold on to the memories i have of him!! i miss him so so much!
ReplyDeleteIt is hard to think that it has been 8 years but I remember that night when that call came to us it was very hard and then to tell you all in the morning another hard thing. I remember that life felt like a merry go round that just kept going I wanted the world to stop until we were all ready to get back on but unfortunaly it didnt and we just have to ride through the storms.
ReplyDeleteI wanted to do a post, but sadly I don't have any pictures! I can't believe it has been 8 years! I still think about him a lot and I always follow with a laugh because he was so funny and loved to make others laugh!
ReplyDeleteMan, I'm SO sorry! He sounded like a great guy! But on a happy note, just look at you and your four cute kiddos! They are all beautiful!
ReplyDeleteSorry, I hate when I do that. I didn't realize that my husband was signed into his email account. Now I'm really embarrassed ;(
ReplyDeleteSweet memories of a good man! Thank You for posting about him! That was one long and sad night- to hear that he had passed away- we went to Jeremy, Roger and Chris to give them the news during the night. Chris took it the hardest- and that was heart breaking!
ReplyDelete