Thursday, May 8, 2008

Pregnancy Pics

My friend, Christina posted some pictures of each of her pregnancies, just for fun. I thought I would do the same. Man, I'm glad I got better looking with Abbie and Ellie. Things were not so pretty with Josh and Emma. The picture above is of me about 6 months pregnant with Joshua. The picture just below is when I was pregnant with him too. Not a fun pregnancy for me. The way Josh was positioned was blocking my kidney from draining into my bladder on the one side, so I had to have an external tube to drain that kidney for about half my pregnancy. Not fun to have a "pee bag" as we affectionately called it. Boy I'm glad I didn't have to do that more than once! Josh was born June 28, 1999 and was 8 lbs. 1 oz. This was the only pregnancy where my water broke.
I can't believe that this is the only picture I have of being pregnant with Emma! How sad is that? I am only about 3 months along in this picture and you can't even see my face (trust me it's a good thing you can't!) Emma's pregnancy was pretty uneventful, thank goodness. We didn't know what she was going to be until she came (the same for Josh too). I was so excited to have a baby girl! Emma was born April 28, 2002 and was 7 lb. 8 oz. I was started a week early with her.
Here I am about to deliver Abbie. Definitely more uncomfortable during this pregnancy and I was not sure that I wanted to do it again. I look much better though! We still didn't find out what she was going to be, which was very exciting for us. Abbie was a bit of a surprise. She and Emma are only 22 months apart. Which now is pretty good because they play well together (most of the time). I am not looking forward to those teenage years when they will be fighting over clothes and most everything. Abbie was born March 4, 2004. She was 7 lbs. 6 oz. (I think!) I was started a week early with her too. She gave us a little bit of a scare because her heart was doing some weird things. But after spending 24 hours in under an oxygen tent, she perked up and we were able to take her home when I was ready to go.
And here I am just about 19 months ago during Thanksgiving. Ellie was born Dec 5, but I REALLY wanted her to come over Thanksgiving. I was ready then. We did know that we were going to be having another girl. We decided that since she was going to be the last one, we should find out. And I'm glad that we did because poor Josh needed time to adjust to having another sister. (He REALLY wanted a brother!) This pregnancy was the most uncomfortable by far. I could not wait to have her! This is my favorite pregnancy picture. I actually didn't mind wearing maternity clothes with Abbie and Ellie because there were finally some cute ones out there! Like I said, Ellie was born Dec. 5, 2006 and she was a whopping 8 lb. 14 oz. I actually didn't believe them at first. I asked them to weigh her again. I felt big, but I didn't think I was big enough to have an almost 9 lb. baby! I was started a week early with her. But with both Abbie and Ellie, I was having some pretty strong, regular contractions the morning that they started me. I have been blessed with very easy deliveries. Josh took about 12 hours, Emma was 6, and Abbie and Ellie were both about 4 hours in labor. What can I say? I'm a baby machine!

3 comments:

  1. OH, you look cute pregnant! When's the next one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I got better looking with each one too! I think it had to do with the pregnancy clothes. I also felt the same. They got worse and worse with each one. I think the last picture is super cute.

    ReplyDelete