




For Mark's birthday this year, I surprised him with plane tickets, a hotel, and tickets to a Chicago Cubs game. He's a big cubs fan and has been wanting to go to a game forever. I figured that it would be a great time to go because Josh is almost 9 and he still likes spending time with his dad. So we needed to "strike while the iron is hot" so to speak. They had a great time. It was just a quick weekend trip so they had to cram a lot of sightseeing into a short amount of time, but they saw everything that they set out to see. They said the game was a lot of fun even though the cubs lost (they've only lost 8 games this year and of course this was one of them.) The weather was perfect though. They went to an awesome aquarium, the Sears Tower, and rode around Chicago on the trains they have there. Mark said it was very sureal to walk into the stadium. There were a ton of people there. We're glad to have them back safe and sound and I'm so happy they had a good time.
We are glad that they are back safe and sound also and glad that they had such a great time together. That is a great oppertunity to spend time like that together.
ReplyDeleteGlad to see they had a great time! I'm sure Josh loved all of Marks attention(w/out little sisters getting in the way)!
ReplyDeleteGlad they made it home too!
That is so fun! I'm glad they had a great time!
ReplyDelete