Thursday, October 14, 2021

"When You're Seven Years Old"

 It's been a minute, hasn't it? Between college classes, working, and the fact that blogs aren't really a thing anymore means that I haven't posted on this blog since 2019. 

But, I have something I want to post somewhere for people to read and I feel like there's no better place for this particular document than on this family blog which is the home for my thoughts and feelings of the cancer journey that changed our whole family's lives.

Abbie recently wrote a beautiful personal narrative for her English class in which she shares some reflective thoughts about what was going through her seven-year-old mind during my journey with cancer. 


I have often wondered some of the things that were going through my kids' heads during those two years of active cancer treatments and surgeries. Through this personal narrative, Abbie gave me a little sneak peak of some of the things she experienced as a 7-year-old with a mom who has breast cancer.







I really have no words except for...I love this kid. She's amazing. I'm so grateful that she was able to share these thoughts. I'm especially grateful that she has been able to take this really hard experience that we had and learn from it so that she can face other challenges in her life. This was one of my prayers during that time...that we would all be able to take this experience and turn it into a learning and growing experience that would strengthen us for future storms.

No comments:

Post a Comment